C.O. visit; They sound desperate.

by TonyT 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    The more they beat the menservants and maidservants the more trouble they'll be in when the Master arrives. It also makes me think of the slave who burried his talent.

Flash, don't you know that quote is for us apostates? Well, according to the FDS, that is. LOL!

• integ
    integ
    District Sales Manager....errr circuit overseer

I've often thought that if this "were" a sales organization.....90 % of the publishers should have been canned a long time ago for lack of production. One "sale" (baptized person) every 25 years just wouldn't cut it in the real world of sales.

Integ.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    One "sale" (baptized person) every 25 years just wouldn't cut it in the real world of sales.

I made ten 'sales' or so in my tenure. I now regret them all. I helped ruin a few lives, didn't I ?

Jeff

• Flash
    Flash

SunnyGal41

Flash, don't you know that quote is for us apostates? Well, according to the FDS, that is. LOL!

LOL, There in lies the problem I don't view them as faithful anymore

Evil Slave is more fitting!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    That attitude is positively medieval! Talk about a FALSE Christian!

The attitude was not one of love. And Jesus said his followers would be known by the love they have among themselves. I didn't see that love being displayed. It all helped me to become inactive and to eventually leave. What drives you insane as a JW is to hear their pretzel logic and if you allow it to, that same logic will tie your brain in knots.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Now I understand why when I went to a two day assembly with my 3yr old, 1yr old and my 3week old baby and my 1 yr old was puking all night with a fever of 105 that my mom told everyone that I just didn't want to be at the assembly. I guess I should have had my priorities a little straighter and smartened my little girls attitude for being so difficult.

moanzy

• TheListener
    TheListener

Some of the things the dubs say are simply outrageous. It's as if they don't think anyone will actually think about their words. They're very offensive at times.

However, I have noticed that there aren't as many of the die hard meeting attenders left. Even among the elder body and their families. It seems that most people have some sort of illness like fibromialja or chronic fatigue or something like that. Which I know are real but I believe also fall under the acceptable excuse list for meeting attendance by the majority of witnesses.

The COs are in town for only 1 week every 6 months or so. They've got to beat the flock hard to keep them going for another 6 months.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

Quote:
    I can remember one brother who could understand why a sister who had a baby on Friday wasn't at the meeting on Sunday...

Oops, they missed two days of preaching to that child. What a crime!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It seems that most people have some sort of illness like fibromialja or chronic fatigue or something like that. Which I know are real but I believe also fall under the acceptable excuse list for meeting attendance by the majority of witnesses.

Where we were, you might miss meetings due to chronic fatigue, but no one excused you for it. And it's the grueling schedule the gov bod expects everyone to keep that makes everyone so sick in the first place. Stress makes you sick and eventually, it will kill you.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

District Sales Manager...! HA, HA, HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ain't that the real truth?!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect that younger generation of JWs will not be concerned with meeting attendance as much. Perhaps then they'll shorten the number of meetings per week. I'll keep dreaming for now.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit