C.O. visit; They sound desperate.

by TonyT 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Can you believe that people will sit still for this crap?

No.

This policy was responsible for my family being abandoned by the cong when we needed help the most. And what we had was contagious. We got an antibiotic resistent form of strepthroat when my son started kindergarten. All four of us caught the infection and we had it for nine months straight. We'd go in three week cycles of severe, excrutiatingly sore throats, joint pain and fever, to the doc for meds and ten days of meds. We'd get off the meds and the whole cycle would begin again. Thirty two families in our town had this strain of strep. We didn't have insurance and there were other severe health issues going on at the time. So guess what? We missed meetings off and on. Guess what else, we were put under suspicion rather than encouraged and helped through this. And this is a tiny version of the whole nightmare.

Now my sister says that it doesn't matter that we had made huge sacrifices for Jehovah before all of this happened. Job changes, etc. She says that Jehovah allowed all this to happen to us because we didn't have the right motives or enough faith. Sis has chosen to shun me now that I have no use for the org. I miss her, but at least I don't have to listen to another story about some horribly ill person who not only makes all the meetings but regular pioneers.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey btw welcome to the board watson! Love to hear you're story.

GBL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

CO went on to say that unless you were contagious there was no excuse for missing a meeting.

Our CO said something similar so I assume it is in the outline from the Society - as I believe all their talks are now outlines

• minimus
    minimus

Food poisoning, constipation, flatulence, diarrhea, pregnancy complications, blood disease, gout, hemmoroids, and a score of other illnesses are not contagious either. Sadly, those that are mentally or emotionally ill are put on an even worse guilt trip!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember a few years ago--may father (an elder) criticically mentioned a ministerial servant who hadn't been to the meeting much lately. I told him, "Do you realize that he has been diagnosed with cancer." The reply, "Well if he can make it to work, he can make it to the meetings." No thought that perhaps this brother may have had to continue working to pay medical bills and support his family. I can imagine how exhausted he must have been at the end of the day.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:told him, "Do you realize that he has been diagnosed with cancer." The reply, "Well if he can make it to work, he can make it to the meetings."

Dear God these people are insane.

GBL

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember one brother who could understand why a sister who had a baby on Friday wasn't at the meeting on Sunday...

My hubby says that people vote two ways

With their feet

and

With their pocketbook (or wallet)

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

What self-righteous pricks. But don't worry, they'll get what's coming to 'em.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    My hubby says that people vote two ways: With their feet and With their pocketbook (or wallet)

Judging by recent low attendance levels and low donations... I'd say the people have gone to the poles in force.

• Flash
    Flash

TonyT

My mother recently told me that the congregation was scolded by their... circuit overseer for poor meeting attendance...attendance would sink as low as 60%...Can you believe that people will sit still for this crap?

The more they beat the menservants and maidservants the more trouble they'll be in when the Master arrives. It also makes me think of the slave who burried his talent.

FlyingHighNow

Now my sister says that it doesn't matter that we had made huge sacrifices for Jehovah before all of this happened. Job changes, etc. She says that Jehovah allowed all this to happen to us because we didn't have the right motives or enough faith.

That attitude is positively medieval! Talk about a FALSE Christian!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit