My Brother will be on SNL tonight...

by maybesbabies 18 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

That's great! I was planning on watching SNL tonight anyways, now I'll look for him!!! Thanks!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

That is awesome!! Nothing like having a CELEBRITY in the family!

Cathy L.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hey mabyies and xandria!

it will be him and the college band he teaches. He is a music professor at Citrus College, but spent his life before teaching as a back up drummer for just about everyone, and before that he had a band called the Unforgiven.

My son went to Citrus College and probably knows your brother in fact I've probably met him at one time or another when going to gigs there to see my son play. I met a lot of really important musicians although it meant nothing to me, they got a kick outa meeting me, LOL!

PM me if you can with his name so I can ask my son if he knows him ok? I'll give him a call and tell him to watch SNL tonight, he'll love that!

Cool, small world and btw Citrus puts out some of the most awesome musicians around! They also have one of the most up to date recording studios that a lot of the big time bands and groups record at. My son said it was really awesome walking down the halls in the music dept and seeing some of the biggies, course you couldn't talk to them or ogle it was a big no no!

Kate

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Holy crap! That's awesome, Maybes! Congrats to your bro!

SNG

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Maybesbabies, that's so fantastic! I've set the timer to remind me to tune in tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

• talesin
    talesin

I'm watching it right now!! Gwen's wearing a red micromini, it's rockin' R&B ....

which drummer ??

t

(added after song is over ;) I love the big drums, what an excellent African sound)

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Do you think he'll get a chance to place any literature? It would be great if he could get some of those SNL'ers to become JW's then they could leave and join this board and entertain us!

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I hope I get a chance to check it out by tomorrow, what an awesome experience for your brother!

Thanks for letting us know.

• Xandria
    Xandria
    which drummer ??

Talesin: It was the one behind Gwen, he kept putting his arms in a V fashion. He is blond and had a bearded look. I know it was hard to make them out, all in the white uniforms but A. had a good spot. It was very cool how they moved with the beat. Demi Moore cracked me up in the opening, w/ Ashton Kutcher. The jokes about age and support hose, lol!

Do you think he'll get a chance to place any literature? It would be great if he could get some of those SNL'ers to become JW's then they could leave and join this board and entertain us!

Confused, I really don't think he places lit any more. He has gone beyond that....besides, I don't think SNL would dig the theocratic stuff.. unless of course it was for a funny skit. But they had one church joke in the skits already.

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit