HadEnough

by onacruse 18 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

HadEnough, on a recent thread you say:

Welcome

Cathy L.

Well said, well said indeed! For all the strengths and weaknesses of JWD, the rants and raves about openness of speech, the actions of the "moderators," and the various degrees of hypocrisy that we individually (and, perhaps, collectively ) demonstrate, and on and on and on...nevertheless, it feels good, damn good, to get it out in the open; and we can, if we choose to so do, move to the next "point." imvho, "getting it out" is the best, and most important, aspect of our recovery. It reminds me of that StarGate TV series, with those people who have inextricable alien critters in their chests; dang those stupid buggers to death! In the context of this (and, perhaps to be too simplistic): We create our own demons, and "getting out" is not as hard as we tend to make it for ourselves. Sincerely, Craig

• Shania
    Shania

OH YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!! what are you talking about? We each had our own journey in and we each have our own journey out............and yes it can be hard so please speak for yourself oncruise----in fact go for a long sail since it is so easy for you---------there is your rant for Saturday morning.......can you tell I haven't had coffee yet?

• blondie
    blondie

Psst, Craig, I think it's HADENUF. There is another poster named Hadenough who used to post more on JWD but seems to be gone now.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think it was Craig who deleted my first rant

No hard feelings Craig.

It was good to get it out of my system.

I'm a good boy now...

..honest!!

Chris

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    In the context of this (and, perhaps to be too simplistic): We create our own demons, and "getting out" is not as hard as we tend to make it for ourselves.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I agree...for many of us, our voices were silenced for many years and many of us stuffed our emotions. I know for me, it was always a "demon" that I had hidden deep inside and many times didn't know how nor did I have a place where I could "let it out". Those that I would try to talk to that had NO idea of what I had gone thru or was going thru just added to my frustration. It is nice to be able to come to a place and not have to explain why you are feeling the way you do and to have people who understand helped tremendously w/my healing process.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz...I hope I didn't annoy HadEnough when I joined the forum as HadEnuf. At the time I didn't know there was another name similar to mine. I didn't mean to chase him away.

I still hold to my theory that this forum serves as a launching pad for the healing we all need as X-JW's or people who have, in some way, form or matter, been "damaged" by the Watchtower organization.

Without this forum and my freedom to express myself (because that is forbidden if you are a "good and obedient" JW)...I do believe I may have done myself in a few years back.

I absolutely love and adore almost everyone on this board. You are my true friends even though I don't know you personally and we have never met...THANK YOU for understanding and lifting me up above my depression time and time again. (HadEnuf reaches for the kleenex box).

Big Hug

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it IS good therapy!

cant talk to witness family..their either already shunning you or would turn you in and THEN shun you.

cant really talk to non witness friends..they dont understand.

people here UNDERSTAND. i dont feel like a misfit talking about jw issues here.

and some of the people here are SMART and amaze me with their insights and advice.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Craig, I parse what you say. It feels good to be able to be vulnerable on here. I've wondered recently, how many of us are much more open here than we are in real life? Things we would say on here, we never say in real life..............of course, this would also fluctuate with individual morality beliefs, etc..............maybe it's connected with the whole pyschological "feel good" of journelling. Putting things on paper in our own handwriting being good for the "soul" a tool used by many self help gurus and even mainstream psychologists and psychiatrists and psychotherapists............we journal electronically here.

Terri

• love11
    love11

Well said candidlynuts!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit