After all the wts crap, do any of you still believe in Jehovah?

by ButtLight 51 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

: Is that why they say not to surf the web, especially sites like this?

Yeah thats exactly why, and there is tons more. Things will settle down in your mind eventually, ButtLight. It takes time though and its tough. You are going to learn how to think critically, and that will really change your life for the better if you let it. You really can find peace of mind outside of the WTBTS!

GBL

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

Here's my 2 cents. I believe there is a God,or Supreme Being. I don't think he/she cares what name we use when talking to him/her. Like others have said I consider myself a spiritual person. I think all religions are basically the same with a few minor differences here and there.

• love11
    love11

Buttlight-

Somebody once said to me that spirituality is a journey, not a destination. And everyone is on different areas of their path.

No matter what your research and findings bring about, ultimately you have to decide what path you want to take. It's hard to know what to think or what to do when you go from having no options to a plethora of options. Just to let you know- it may take years to find out what you want to do... but one day you will know and no one will be able to sway you any different.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

No, I don't believe in Jehovah or the Bible. I wish I had faith (what bornagains call a "relationship with Jesus"). For years I shunned spirituality - who needed it? My idol was Ayn Rand. Now I'm feeling a spiritual void, badly. James Thomas and Undecided (Ken P.) are two of the wisest persons on this board, by the way.

• Mary
    Mary

I still believe in God......ya I still believe that Jehovah, or Yahweh is "The God", but Dubs aren't the only ones who believe in Him........what about da Jews? They've been worshipping Him long before Charles Russell's time............

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I believe that if there is a Jehovah, that he is as evil as Satan. He's very murderous. With a god like him, who needs Satan? He never seemed real to me.

• TheOneBuck
    TheOneBuck

I fully believe in God and Jesus. As far as religions go, I do not think that there is one that has the "truth". I think all religions have its place and even the org is good for some people. I personally have not found that religion for me yet but can not say I am looking to hard either. I am very thankful for everything god has done for me and I thank Jesus daily for giving his life for me. Maybe I am wrong about god and Jesus, but that is ok because I am at peace and happy with it. Plus believing in God is a whole lot easier for me to accept then evolution that I was taught in HS and during my undegrad days.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I believe that if there is a Jehovah, that he is as evil as Satan. He's very murderous. With a god like him, who needs Satan? He never seemed real to me.

That scares me more that serving a god who's name is not Jehovah!!!!!!!!

• Flash
    Flash
    But I still believe in Jah. Is that Weird?

No its not weird. The ancient Israelites had the 'truth' about God and didn't hold fast to it. Just because His people today are making the same mistake doesn't mean we should hold it against Jehovah personaly. We can leave the WTS because of their gross error and still stay close to Jehovah as indivduals.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

ButtLite...

Personally, I struggle with this and have to say that I have had more spiritual experiences at a Heavy Metal concert than at the KH or church. Many of the beliefs about God and Christ are leftovers from my upbringing as a witness. It's hard to separate out the parts that I really believe from what I was taught to believe.

Research if you must to bring you peace. I did, and have decided that I'd just rather turn up the Boston...

Jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit