"Federal contracts should be performed by WHITE workers"

by jst2laws 33 Replies latest social current

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Sorry Robbie...no sale.

That's the theory, (yes, I have studied developmental economics) but not the practice. American corporate industries "play dirty" (I realize agriculture is a sensitive, semi-strategic issue for most governments). Remember, our entire capital market structure ( valuation with almost no no relation to profits/cash flow) is supposed to "implode" in about fifty years.

The current business fad of "super-sizing" corporate entities is due to a "highjacking" of shareholder/owner interests to that of their agents (a study of agency cost theory can leave you depressed!).

Management Science is really a "hodgepog" of related disciplines which is neither "complete" nor "comprehensive" and Mr. Smith exemplifies many of those deficiencies. Free markets do have an expansive capability but the costs to each society are rarely acknowledged (industrial farming and the degradation of the local water tables, etc...). Smith has his place in the pantheon of "business gods" (particularly for engineering students) but will hopefully his work will fade away.

"Everything you learned is wrong"--Peter Drucker

W.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Whiskeyjack:

Nothing is going to implode or expolde in the next 50 years.

If businesses are left alone from government interference humanity will prosper.

The Founders of the US set up a wall of separation between church and state. What the US needs to do is pass a Constitutional Amendment separating business and state.

I am not trying to convince you. I am writing what I believe in.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Robert,

Fair enough. (the "implosion" forecast is based on models run at Midwestern's finance faculty). Will check out Austrian economics though!

W.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Sorry, just one more thought,

Can Business and State be separated in the U.S. anymore?

Those annoying environmental and child labour laws are damned hindrances though I must agree!

W.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    Globalism and outsourcing creates wealth for everyone.

Like hell it does !! I take it from these comments that you haven't been on the receiving end of this wonderful new sharp practice!

I have, along with 45 other fellow IT professionals (in my own personal experience) - and I'm still reeling from the financial difficulties it's left me in! It takes Joe Average's source of income away, making him a financial burden on the state. Competition for jobs increases, meaning he's more than likely out of work for an extended period of time. Plus, he can no longer afford the things he could whilst in gainful employment, so local businesses, and local economy, suffers. Then there's income tax etc - no longer going into the countries coffers, so it also has a negative effect on the countries economy. So, local prices are inflated, hence, importing becomes cheaper - more money going out of the countries economy.

I'm all for employing the right person for the job - no matter what nationality... but strongly believe that the person should be in the same country as the job!!!

I'd love to see your rationale for supporting outsourcing - If I'm wrong, tell me!

Bull!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

bull01lay:

What is going on today is no different from the turn of the cenutry when blacksmiths, buggy whip and whale oil factories were going out of business. Many people were out of work and faced uncertain futures. That upheaval was one of the best things to happen to America. These displaced workers would find new jobs as auto mechanics and in other new industries they could not have dreamed of. Their standard of living surpassed anything they had known.

People who argue for the stagnation of protectionism are saying that their grandfather worked for the buggy whip factory, their father did, they did and they hope that their grandchildren will. This is crazy. There are jobs and whole industries that should disappear and never come back.

Dynamic growth of free markets do not map out a clear path or give security to anyone. Each person should understand that their security is in their own hands, expect constant change, save their money and plan on looking out for themselves instead of relying on the government or the job they are doing right now.

I have been out of work several times. It is no fun but each new job I have taken has been a step up.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Whiskeyjack:

I do not think that a separation of business and state will come about anytime soon.

I do think that environmental, child labor, food and drug laws should be repealed.

A lot of damage has been done by the so called Progressive era of the early 20th century, FDR's New Deal, and Lyndon Johnson's Great Society. I think they were all mistakes and have an uphill battle to dismantle the nanny state.

One step at a time.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Wow....I'm speechless/typless

Have a great weekend anyways!

W. (a red tory)

• ballistic
    ballistic

See the world in one hundred years. It's coming. We have only just been through the industrial and information revolutions. The word is in change. You have not seen something called equalisation, it hapens after revolutions. The change is happening seemingly quicker, but the real change will be exponential.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi RKS:

What is going on today is no different from the turn of the cenutry when blacksmiths, buggy whip and whale oil factories were going out of business.

I beg to differ matey - it's very different! The climate looked bleak and was uncertain - you're absolutely right. But when new jobs became available, they were filled with people who contributed to the Local economy, and in turn, the countries economy, thereby raising thier own living standards and opportunities nationally.... not by some inexperienced degree student with bits of paper and letters after thier names in another part of the world, contributing to sometimes unstable governments, that could pose threats to other countries (e.g. India / Pakistan - both nuclear powers, both very fraught nerves and lots of nukes pointing at each other (Nov, 03)

Outsourcing is strangling the UK's IT and callcenter industry - even to the point now where certain banks advertising campiagns state they have UK call centers only!

Maybe I've got clouded vision from my own experience of outsourcing, I don't know.... but I can't see a positive side to it.

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit