Cindi Lauper

by Cygnus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

I find it very hard to believe that Cindi is 50 something..

can anyone verify it?

as for Barry Gibb.. he was hot.. and STILL is..

Andy was cute.. but he never did it for me like his older brother did

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Andy was cute.. but he never did it for me like his older brother did

I'll take all four of them, well, not so much now since I have a very handsome Andy of my own and two of the Gibb brothers are gone. They were and are just magic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I find it very hard to believe that Cindi is 50 something..

can anyone verify it?

Think about it, we were like 24 when she hit with Girls Just Want to have fun. She was a few years older than me. Sassy, you and are the same age.

This is from her website:http://www.cyndilauper.com/biography.php?PHPSESSID=1fe33cb3087f4ffbddc7f4f357e29819

Cyndi Lauper (full name: Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper Thornton), is born in Brooklyn-New York on June 22nd 1953 (note that a lot of biogaphies are wrong at this purpose: this is the correct date). Her father is named Fred Lauper, her mother Catrine Dominique (present in several videos), her sister Elen Lauper (She is now an accupuncturist in Southern California) and her brother Fred (nicknamed as Butch).

• teejay
    teejay

Yeah, ol' Cyndi was a really cool chick. I liked her a lot. What I really found fascinating was this:

Lauper took a break from singing at this point, but didn't disappear from show business, and in 1993 she played Michael J. Fox's secretary in My Life With Mikey. She released the critically acclaimed album Hat Full of Stars in the same year, but once again sales were poor. With a smooth new R&B sound and production by Junior Vasquez, she tackled such topics as spousal abuse and abortion.

She was really into some cutting edge issues, particularly those related to women and abuse. Gotta respect her for that.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Melmac: Actually Heart is doing a comeback now.www.heart-music.com Ann Wilson had a weight problem. This is a e-diary that she put out. After a lifetime of battling her weight, veteran rocker Ann Wilson had a change of heart. She wasn?t interested in another failed diet. She wanted to achieve a healthy weight?for good. ?After enough diet failures, pretty soon your soul is going to cave in,? says Ann. ?Either you give up or you gain a whole lot more. Something?s going to happen that?s very negative.? At more than 100 pounds over her ideal weight, the lead singer of Heart knew her health was in jeopardy. Her knees hurt, her back ached, and she felt her energy dwindling. As both a performer and a mother, she realized her weight was holding her back?whether it was from moving fluidly on stage or playing with her kids. In January 2002, Ann underwent the newest form of weight loss surgery?the BioEnterics® LAP-BAND® System ?in order to achieve long-term weight loss. She calls it a ?life-changing? and ?behavior-modifying? experience. More than a year and a half later, she has lost approximately 60 pounds, with a goal to lose 25-30 more. She relishes her newfound ability to keep the weight off and make steady progress. ?The thing I?m happiest about is the consistency of the weight loss,? says Ann. ?Since I was a child, I lost weight many, many times and of course, regained it all plus more. This is the first time in my life where I?ve broken the cycle.? For Ann, the LAP-BAND provided much-needed portion control and helped cure her of what she calls ?the clean plate syndrome.? As a result of her narrowed stomach outlet, she has been able to reduce her portions yet still feel full and satisfied. She can still eat almost any food she desires, just in much smaller amounts. The real joy, though, is the freedom from hunger. ?You don?t have the deep, nauseating, rumbling hunger inside you when you?re on a deprivation diet of some kind,? Ann says. ?You just don?t think about it.? With her weight under control, what Ann has been able to think about is her career. In spring 2003, she and sister Nancy released a DVD of concert performances entitled Heart: Alive in Seattle along with a companion CD of live tracks and four new songs. Now they?re working to finish their first studio album in more than a decade, having recently traveled the country for their Alive in America summer tour. ?When I went on the road six months after my surgery, I felt so confident,? says Ann. ?I looked like a bouncing ball on stage! Now that I?m even lighter, I couldn?t wait to get up there again this summer.? Ann bravely decided to share her weight loss story with the public in an effort to educate others who also face the potentially life-threatening health risks associated with morbid obesity. Her complete personal story is available here in both streaming video and a three-part written chronicle. To stay up-to-date with Ann?s ongoing journey, you can read her monthly updates and recently archived chat transcripts. In October 2003, her story was filmed for a Discovery Health Channel special on the LAP-BAND that will air on March 19, 2004. Check back soon for new photos and footage from the shoot! For in-depth information about the LAP-BAND System, click here. January 28, 2002 Video Diary Video Help

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

FHN,

THANK YOU for the pics! Sure 'preciate it!

Sheila,

I remember seeing them on The View a few months ago. They looked and sounded purty darn good.

Annie

• Preston
    Preston

I actually dig Cindy Lauper's music. I think she has a lot of passion in her voice, like when she's singing "Money Changes Everything". She's great!

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit