Cindi Lauper

by Cygnus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Michael Stipe... one of the most overrated singers of all time (along with Bono).

I liked the music he wrote and just the whole REM thing. I liked U2 back then, too. Wasn't that I thought they were the best singers. It was more the passion in their music, which really stood out at the time during the more plastic 80s. Michael had plenty of lovely curly hair back then. These days he shaves it to hide his receding hair line.

I like Ed Kowalczyk. It's not that he's gorgeous or has a perfect voice. Something about the man makes me literally dizzy. I love the way he moves when he sings. He also has a lot of passion.

• DHL
    DHL

Bobby Dall of Poison was the hero of my X-rated fantasies when I was a youngster. And nowadays days he's looking even better! And the music was just as well. I also love Robert Plant since I'm 10. He has always been my most favorite singer. He's 56 right now and it shows but he still looks great and his voice and music is as good as it has always been. Hope he never stops making music as long as I live.

• talesin
    talesin

Marc Bolan of T. Rex, brilliant & twisted.

I always liked punks, but not the violent, Alex-from-Clockwork-Orange type.

t

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I saw that Cyndi Lauper has released a NEW CD, don't know anything much about it, so can't say how good it is.....

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I always liked Cindi. Too bad Madonna came along and overshadowed her so early in her career.

Kinda like Elvis (entertainer) coming along and bumpin' Jerry Lee Lewis (kick ass showman-musician-cousin lover) out of the picture.

The rest of the 80's were kinda ugly IMHO.

~Hill

• mjl
    mjl

All good calls, but remember the band 'Vixen'? Oh my.......

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Lita Ford & Ozzy.....Close my eyes for ever.......so sexy.

Dragonlady76

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have admired a lot of singers over the years from all types of musical tastes. LOTS of variety! But Richard Marx is by far my very favorite. As far as I'm concerned---he has it all. I just love his raspy tone. Makes my socks roll up and down!

I also love Lionel Richie, Luther Vandross and the "older" sounds (and LOOKS) of Barry Gibb.

Cindi Lauper is a very talented lady and does have an amazing voice. Years ago I saw her singing something (I just can't remember now what it was) with only a guitar accompaniment and it brought me to tears, it was so beautiful.

I need a Richard Marx fix.....gonna go pop in one of his tapes........

Annie

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Kip Winger!!

[[PennyCandy swoons]]

• melmac
    melmac

The girls from Heart were awsome. But the dark-haired one has become somewhat fat, while the blondie is still a cutie. Very different aging...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit