Cindi Lauper

by Cygnus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

She's like 50 or 51 now, but when "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" came out, as a red blooded teenage boy I was totally in love.

Just thought you all needed to know.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That's just cute.

• Bas
    Bas

*grin*

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I think it 1987 or 1988 my thoughts and dreams revolved around Lita Ford.

Oh my dear god, how could I forget Nancy Wilson of Heart! Their music was terrible in the 80s but she looked so ... good.

Dee Snider also recently turned 50... but I never had a crush on... him.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Damn I feel old

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I really liked Michael Stipe at the time. I thought he was beautiful: inside and out.

• Pwned
    Pwned

i always thought she was ugly but i whenever i hear or think of the song "Time after time"(?) i cant get it out of my head for days... Doh! ... great song

(if you're lost you can look and you will find me

time after time ...)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    i always thought she was ugly but i whenever i hear or think of the song "Time after time"(?) i cant get it out of my head for days... Doh! ... great song

After my son's birth, he was in the neonatal intensive care unit. The stereo speakers were right over his early bird bed. That song would play everytime I visited him. It was May of 84. So now, everytime I hear the song I get goosebumps and break into tears. It's a hauntingly beautiful song.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Michael Stipe... one of the most overrated singers of all time (along with Bono). But at least he's bald like me. One show here in Buffalo he had his lyrics on a stand in front of him. Kinda lame if you ask me.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Dude, you feel old. I have a few Twisted Sister videos that I downloaded. I am about as old as the father they abused mercilessly. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit