saying hi

by tijkmo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Greetings, welcome, glad you're here. "Talk" to us some more, we're all ears eyes...or is that "I"s ?

~Merry

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

Hi tijkmo!

Welcome to this board ! Although I'm not a JW nor have I ever been, I do know you will more than likely get the answers to the questions you are seeking in this forum. It's great you've chosen to become an active participant. You will get so much more out of your experience here, now that you are.

Love/Peace/Respect

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

yes! still in, yet groveled 2 times to get back in. sometimes im glad, sometimes i wonder why.

• under74
    under74

Welcome to the board. Yeah, it's amazing how the religion can isolate a person and leave them with nothing.

But you're among friends here. I hope to see more posts from you soon.

• becks
    becks

Hello you!

I have been out of the truth now for some time (i dissasociated myself)?! it maddens me to think back at the way people (supposed friends) treated my family and myself.

There is no such thing as support or true love in the truth. Unless you find it from Jehovah. There are alway's conditions.

You will find peace.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Welcome tijkmo. In such a closed environment as dubland the dubbies have to get what excitement and gossip wherever they can. By being reinstated you most likely spoiled all there fun.

• Golf
    Golf

Tijk, welcome and make yourself at home. As to friends, not many around. My wife is my friend. It baffles the mind to think that an org. that spouts out love doesn't practice it! Where is this love placed? Supposedly to Jehovah when the folks are slaves to the dictates of men, and old ones at that!

Golf

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

hey Tij

Welcome - to the board! And look don;t you get a much more friendly welcome here. Haven;t more people said hello to you and shared experiences and empathy with you then the night your reinstatement was announced? Ring any bells?

That is exactly how I felt - I got Dfed at 16 and reinstated at 17/18 and Dfed a couple of weeks later. Whilst I had been completely blameless and dedicated the many months I attended meetings to get reinstated and looked forward to it, the actual reinstatement was worse than being Dfed. You are still considered marked for a long time and I hadn't realised that this meant I would still not be consider good association for at least another year. So people only spoke to me at meetings and even then not much and I couldnt go to people's houses for meals or go to any social outsings. So basically what is an 18 year old who has already spent the last year living like a leperous recluse going to do faced with that kind of realisation?

I went back to my friends in the world, who far from being offended that I had effectively shunned them for much of a year while I tried to get reinstated, were very pleased to see me, curious at what I had done and shocked at the behaviour of my family. We lived in a small town and it gave a tremendously bad witness to everyone who knew me! (I'm proud of that now! although I've carried the shame and guilt of it around for ages.) When my parents and people from my old KH knock on doors I hear that they still get asked by my old friends about me - which is very embarrassing for them, even though it is 11 years since I left.

Anyway as usual - I am wandering off the subject - I just wanted to say that yes I know exactly how it feels and then how crushing the disappointment of realising no one behaves much different after reinstatement. This is conditional love and I would question how much love is there at all.

Enjoy your time here and vent as much as you like!

crumpet

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome. You won't find yourself judged here. A free exchange of ideas is soooo refreshing.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome to the board. JW's love is just lip service, there is no action behind the words. Many of us have found caring and kindness in the "world."

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit