saying hi

by tijkmo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hi im new to the world....been lurking for a while but cant keep quiet any more...so much to say so much time...as an intro can i ask if anyone else begged grovelled pleaded lost their dignity in order to get reinstated only to find that it was worse than being d/fd cos at least when you were d/fd you knew why all your friends treated you like crap

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

friendship as a jw is hard.. the love is conditional.

i was a jw 40 yrs almost and came out with NO friends. being around the same people all my life you'd think i'd have at least one life long friend!

glad your here. life goes on...and when you get a REAL friend you really really know it. and its great!

• kls
    kls

Hi and welcome. Yes this world is more loving then the jw world.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hi, tijkmo, and welcome!

Yeah, that was my friend's experience when she got reinstated. Awfully Christian behavior, right? I myself am not disfellowshipped or disaccociated, yet the "brothers and sisters" won't even speak to me. Oh well- that's their loss, right?

Glad you found the board. Most of the folks here are just splendid, and the rest ain't half bad.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi, welcome.

Fortunately for me, I found the freeminds site and this one, and read Crisis of Conscience. Finding out the "truth about the truth" saved me from having to grovel and ask for permission to return to spiritual paradise

The truth sets you free!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome dude.. I know exactly what you mean.

GBL

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Saying Hi Back.....HI!

Brooke

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Welcome T.

When you put it like that way, it reminds me of the perils of friendship as a JW youth (not knowing who you could trust, to back you up, etc...). I used to think that must be what it was like in the Soviet Union during Stalin's time. Friends continually observing and evaluating their other freinds. This was really distastful to me as a kid and a major factor in my evaluation of why I was still participating in this org.

Will keep an eye peeled for your upcoming posts!

W.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Welcome!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Welcome..........Glad you decided to join us.

Yeah, it really stinks how the JWs friendships can dry up and blow away in 5 minutes or less. I had 30 years invested in the cult, and had NO friends in the "world". Thank goodness I had a computer because I have met some great folks through it. Now you can too!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit