Ebay

by jeanniebeanz 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

I like Docker's trousers, and I find buying them on eBay much easier than trying to find a store in the UK with them in, Dockers shorts as well.

I also bought some vitamin supplements there, and sold a car and some other stuff.

I think it is a good place to buy if you are careful and I think it's also good that they have different grades of seller, so that you can see if they are trustworthy for $50 $150, $500 or $5000, by looking at their sale history and feedback.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

everyone seen this? lol.......press play and turn up the volume - may have to wait a minute http://www.geoffellis.com/ebay.html

• Pwned
    Pwned

i got ripped off once but overall i think its good, although the things i tend to look for tend to sell at or just slightly below/above msrp

• bebu
    bebu

I love ebay, too. No nightmares yet, but once or twice I have had some minor disappointments.

My treasures: I bought a terrific girl's twin bed frame with matching chest cabinet, very whimsical provincial dollhouse design, for $250 (no shipping, it was within driving distance). I also bought recently a gorgeous bedding set for winter, and another set for summer (European quilt). I love finding girls clothing, especially holiday dresses from fancy department store brands, for a song. I've bought some really nice dishware. I have bought books and videos and games as well as trombones for my 2 sons...

bebu

• talesin
    talesin

HappyDad

I saw that! Was looking at the books, as I may have some to sell ... they can fetch a fairly good price, depending the specifics of the item.

Do they take a %, or a flat rate?

I would assume flat rate up to a certain $ amount, then +%?

Do you use credit card for transactions?

???

tal

ebay newbie class

• geevee
    geevee

Got the 1921 Harp of God.....yayay Judge Rutherford!!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I too LOVE and am addicted to Ebay! I have been on there for about 7 yrs now..started as a seller and now just buy. Seems that whatever you are looking for, someone has to have it for sale. I haven't had any problems with it (other than the damn spoof emails that come thru for paypal and ebay). The best bargains I have found on there have been my VERY 2 large bird cages for my flock. Our brother had someone intercept is account last year and try to sell a tractor. The buyer called Randy on his cell phone asking where to send the 1k money order! He informed her that someone was using his account (somehow got all his information), reported it, got it straighted out and for a "thanks" from the buyer he receieved negative feedback! Go figure!

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

We love ebay....we live in a pretty small area and store selection is limited so Ebay is great for finding just the right gift for the boy to add to his Star Wars or Lord of the Rings collections. Also good for fing that one thing you remember as a kid that you wish you'd have saved for your kids.

The mailman laughs at us because there are always packages coming for one of us....

Only a couple of bad experiences....mostly when we try to sell stuff...and never for a large amount of cash so it is more of a headache than anything else....there are some wackos out there....

Pay attention to the feedback and read the fine print....you'll usually do fine.

• Maxine Mouse
    Maxine Mouse

I love Ebay. I have never had a problem with any of my transactions. I only buy though, I have never tried to sell anything. One of the last things I bought was an artificial christmas tree. Some of yall JWD's might find that funny, haha.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

My hubby bought a broken car DVD screen with a good frame, and a broken frame with a good DVD screen, put them together, and we had a perfect video system in his car for almost nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit