Ebay

by jeanniebeanz 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Recently I got a really nice collection of 15 first edition hardbound Serendipity childrens books by Stephen Cosgrove for $23.00. Absolutely mint condition, I was thrilled.

What bargains have you all gotten? What treasures?

Any nightmares?

J

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I bought a ultima online castle once on ebay. I was the envy of all my online geek friends.

Every ebay experiance of mine has been completely fine. Never a problem.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

sounds cool :) I knew a lot of computer 'geeks' that bought anime' figurines for their cubes on Ebay. sometimes there would be bidding wars right in the IT department. It was really funny when the item that was won showed up in their cube. We even had a 'hostage' episode once over a missing Spawn figure. What a riot.

J

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ebay.... my favorite department store for new and used. I love the WT used book section.

No problems in 6 years.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

E-bay is great for finding just about anything. I've had great experiences on E-bay and have gotten some super cheap stuff. Just make sure you check out the sellers feedback before you bid. 99% of the sellers on E-bay are honest, but there's always that 1% that ruin it.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I love Ebay!

I bought my son a new Thomas the Tank Engine train set for X-mas at a great price, compared to retail stores in my area. I buy all kinds of stuff and I also sell.

Dragonlady76

• fairchild
    fairchild

I just bought my first item on Ebay, earlier this week. A shovelhead seat for a 1979 Harley Davidson. It was nowhere to be found through the harley dealers around here, and there was only one on Ebay. The bid started at $25, and I had to go up to $125 in order to get my hands on it. All together a nice experience, and I was sorry to disappoint the person who was bidding against me, I hope that he or she will still find a seat elsewhere.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Nearly all my eBay experiences have been pleasant. I've never been ripped off except when I disregarded the "Caveat Emptor" sign ;) The latest of my few unpleasant experiences was when I bought a cheap Chinese knockoff of the PalmOne super-thin folding keyboard for my PDA. Fortunately, it was just over half the going rate for the genuine article, so I didn't lose much. My other disappointments all involve carelessly chosen clothing.

"Scary" successes (things that many people would be hesitant to buy, which turned out well) include a KitchenAid food processor and three PDA's.

As I've said before, nearly all my wardrobe, including jewelry, comes from eBay. I generally pay discount-store prices, including postage, for items that are frequently unique. The most I've spent on a garment was $40 bux - but that was an embroidered rayon wraparound skirt, size 2x. That's definitely one of my treasures.

And how could I forget the carnival glass bowl that now forms a central part of my ancestor altar? (See below for pic of very similar item; I got mine for about $10 plus shipping.

gently feral

Blackberry wreath carnival glass bowl: Image hosted by TinyPic.com

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I've been ripped off twice on ebay but otherwise it has been a good experience. One jerk emailed me about a hundred times when what I sent him was exactly as described and I lost my money and he got to keep the item. He even left me my first negative feedback and I've amassed 427 positive feedbacks. It's overall a good thing. And, a word of advice, if you can get a Kingdom Interlinear, they sell for 25-30 dollars easy.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I love E-Bay............

Made over $1200.00 since January selling items.

Got over $300.00 for an old Bible Students book and over $100.00 for another book.

Sold most of my tools for a fantastic profit and have one item there now. I stated a minimum bid of $15.00 and hoped to get about $30.00 for it. Right now, the bid is up to $72.00 and still have 4 days to go.

I also got a brand new Total Gym for $300.00. On TV, you pay $1400.00 for it.

So yes...........my E-Bay experiences are very good.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit