Ebay

by jeanniebeanz 27 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Talesin,

I think E-bay charges about 65 cents for the insertion fee. The first picture is free and each additional pic is 25 cents. The charge a percentage of the final selling price. I think it is about 7.9 %.

I use PayPal and haven't been disapointed at all.

HappyDad

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sounds like you have all had positive experiences for the most part. We have not had any issues, but we've never tried to sell anything either. My first item is going to be the wheels that came with my new mustang. We'll see how that goes!

This was amazing though:

He informed her that someone was using his account (somehow got all his information), reported it, got it straighted out and for a "thanks" from the buyer he receieved negative feedback! Go figure!

Good Grief! Did your hubby contact the person and let him know he had singed the wrong person?

The mailman laughs at us because there are always packages coming for one of us....

RWagonner, that's starting to happen with me too! Hubby recently had some time off and was here when the packages arrived, I'm busted! LOL

One of the last things I bought was an artificial christmas tree. Some of yall JWD's might find that funny, haha.

That's too funny, Maxine! Our first Christmas Tree was such a big deal after the witness thing. Only we got ours at Longs Drugstore...

My hubby bought a broken car DVD screen with a good frame, and a broken frame with a good DVD screen, put them together, and we had a perfect video system in his car for almost nothing.

Oohhh. Such good ideas here! I'll have to tell hubby about this one. He is always looking for impossible to find parts for his '84 Capri. Usually when we raid Pic-n-Pull, aside from me breaking nails and getting dirty (yuk), we only find broken stuff. Hmmm... I feel an Ebay search coming on...

I use PayPal and haven't been disapointed at all.

Actually, PayPal has been my only source of irritation. They accidentally merged my hubby and my accounts and on my last 'find' charged his bank account instead of mine. (again busted) We had to close our accounts entirely and re-open in order to get it straightened out...

Gently Feral, I love carnival glass too. Do you also collect Sandwich glass? It is truly beautiful. Something else that I have tried with no success to find is Vaseline glass. It's really something else in a black light room or party. It glows! Radiation I know, but not enough to do any damage...

J

• razorMind
    razorMind

I found my lunchbox--the one I last saw in first grade, 1976.

It is made from vinyl (I think) in a pink-and-white gingham pattern. It has a cone of strawberry ice cream and strawberries on the front. I managed to obtain the complete set, thermos, cup and all.

I was floored when I found it on Ebay. My mom almost cried when I showed it to her.

I'm addicted to pharmacy drug rep pens, too; I've copped some pretty good finds on Ebay. The heavy, metal pens that the pharmacists always get, while we lowly techs always got the dinky plastic ones.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I like buying vintage blown glass and arts and crafts pottery....Rookwood, Weller, etc.

To pay for it, I like selling stuff like this:

(You have to cut and paste the URL to see it) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36544&item=5561365296

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I have an original Partridge Family lunch box from the '70s. Funny, what I really wanted was Buggs Bunny, my hero. I was so irritated with that box, that I hardly used it. Now it's actually worth money. Don't think I'd ever sell it though; it is representative of exactly how much my Mom ever paid attention to what I really wanted... lol

J

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have bought a number of out of print games from Ebay. I have only had 1 bad experience with a seller than misrepresented the item. I buy and sell a lot of stuff on half.com, a division of Ebay.

I own Ebay stock.

One of my bear buddies is Uncle Griff, the guy who gives advice on how to use ebay. He is a sweety.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I've bought and sold on ebay for 2 years and never had a problem. Just brought some old nintendo games for my little nephew who has the platform but only 1 game!

I am going to put a whole heap of WT books on soon inc the full set of the 7 studies, Rutherfords rainbow, Harp, Religion, Enemies, Children etc. I'm sick of seeing them and I need the doe..

• Jez
    Jez

My oldest teen is a very fussy dresser, she finds alot of her stuff on ebay. Never had a bad experience with buying clothes that way.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit