Surgery Tomorrow

by Satanus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Satanus!

Glad to see you're home and doing well. I don't know if you like applesauce or not, but when I had some dental surgery and had to stay off "people food"....hubby bought me some Strawberry-applesauce, and some cinnamon-applesauce. Boy it tasted so good!

The drugs had given me a crummy taste in my mouth and that cold applesauce cut through that and hit the spot. Its been years, but still get a craving for this kind of applesauce now and again.

Take care...

hugs,

Annie

• Es
    Es

GOOD LUCK

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

This just in.......

Satanus is recovering nicely and is able to take liquids:

oh, almost forgot the flower:

Get well Satanus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Satanus, got your p/m...at least you can still type--no brain damage! LOL

In answer, I thought that I might just share the grizzly details for everyone to enjoy Who knows? Maybe we can turn this into "what's the worst surgery experience you've ever had?" thread.

My sinus surgery was for a congenitally deviated septum, which caused sleep apnea. So this doctor goes in and clips and reams my sinus (left side), sends me home with instructions about how to blow salt-water up my nose every 4 hours...and a prescription for some fairly decent pain killers. Jeez!

After a few days, in his office, he laid me back on the table, pulled out some forceps that looked like they were about 3 feet long, and "extracted some peripheral materials." I almost puked, while he laughingly told my wife that "the guys always have a hard time with this!" I really think he was rather enjoying himself.

Anyway, after a couple of weeks, everything was good. Funny thing, though: Up to that point, I'd never been able to breathe through my left nostril. After the surgery, I would keep feeling this warm spot on my left lip, and all I could think was that I had a roll of snot dripping out; it was just the warm air of my breath, which I'd never experienced. roflmao

Good to know that you're on the mend; perhaps my own escapade has provided a bit of amusement for your recovery. Just don't laugh toooooo hard...at least not yet, eh?

And yeah, I know that guys ain't supposed to do this to other guys, but what the heck? Here's a to ya.

Craigster

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ona

Hmmm, interesting. The second time he obviously didn't put you to sleep. Did he the first time? I have been asked to not give the details of my operation

Xenawarrior

Thanks

Es

Sunspot

Sounds yummy. I think i will check it out.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

And thankyou also, to the ones i missed: shielam, candidlynuts, bonnzo, heatmiser, sixofnine, ohiocowboy, theclassicist, seeitallclearly, prophesariah, dansk, dantheman, narkissos, countrywoman and iiz2cool. If i still missed you this time around, then i plead inebriation based on my drug intake. *hick*

S

• onacruse
    onacruse

Satanus (or shall we temporarily call you Sinus ), the first operation was out-patient...gawd, how tired I've gotten of coming out of anesthesia.

I plead inebriation based on my drug intake.

Now, this is a good sign!!

Perhaps we can provide you with just enough entertainment to keep you occupied during those occasional moments of consciousness.

Craigster

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    occasional moments of consciousness.

consciousness? Wha's that?

J

• onacruse
    onacruse

So, now that the Demerol has worn off...

How're ya doin'?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Doing better. I'm off the pills and most of the stiches are out It's back to work for me

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit