Who do you miss the most?

by Crumpet 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin
    I miss the way I would care for others Just thinking that we were right, and that we care.

I would say you have hit the nail on the head.

No longer part of the collective, we are lost, uncertain in a new world of infinite possibilities.

Loss of one's tribe is a powerful thing.

But have we really lost our tribe, or just not yet found our real one?

;)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But have we really lost our tribe, or just not yet found our real one?

;)

Nah, look at all of us here at JWD. Haven't we regrouped?

• talesin
    talesin
    Nah, look at all of us here at JWD. Haven't we regrouped?

Yep, that's what I'm sayin'.

Some will find their tribe here. For others, there will be another ...

Or, perhaps, both, or many.

t

(feeling very 'deep' tonite mwaaa ha ha ha ha)

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm really happy I found you guys. This entire mess of a board feels more like home to me than any Kingdom Hall ever did. Thanks for letting me in.

GBL

• becks
    becks

I miss the nievity!!!

Becoming ' worldly wise ' was a strain due to how stupidly nieve i was... never mind you soon learn!!!

xx

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I miss my friends, there are too many to list. But recently Ive missed things I never thought I would. Like the feeling you get when you have done your Watchtower or the Days Text. I guess Im so used to having 'spiritual food'... theres a gap. I dont miss the ministry tho!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I honestly don't think like that.
    I love them all, but have "released" them. If they come back, then they were mine and I their's.
    Meanwhile I spend my brain-cycles concentrating on what I DO have.
    I would recommend (as was recommended to me) "The Way to Love".

For those who are still in, I believe it takes a diffirent kind of strength to remain - I don't think that's necessarily weak at all!

• under74
    under74

Well, I haven't got over all the bitterness but slowly I'm getting there. I miss some of my cousins and maybe even my grandfather. I say maybe because I don't miss the bitter old man I knew but he's still family and I think about him.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Like Blondie I miss the people I thought they were; quite an insightful post I thought.

Whoever gave the post about the chips being scattered about...absolutely spot on, you do indeed discover who your friends are when things are not perfect.

Crumpet...I hope your sister comes around soon...its hard to lose your family...(oh and enjoy Canada!)

DB74

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never missed anyone since they were a difficult impenetrable society almost impossible to socially relate with. Had no friendships there. I only liked an elderly annointed member who died a few years ago. As for my sister and her family they never shunned me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit