Who do you miss the most?

by Crumpet 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Particularly for those who are shunned for reasons of DFing and Daing completely, who do you miss the most that no longer has anything to do with you? And why?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I found a great quote that I'd like to share. It's from some dude named Richard Burton. But I found this to be true about my friendships that came to an end. "When the chips are not exactly down but just scattered about, you discover who your real friends are."

I am starting to get over the hurt, and I now don't miss any of them. Because they weren't really my friends anyway. The pain heals as time marches on.

Dustin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Nice Quote Dustin!

I don't miss anyone really they are still somewhat around(family). I miss my brothers alot because I don't see them as much as I used too! Friends...not anymore I made new ones and found old ones on here. That's for Dustin and Nancy Drake (I love you guys)

One thing that I do miss is being able to breathe! Soon it will come again.

Brooke

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Superb quote Dustin!
    But isn't it impossible not to miss some? I, without wishing to show favourtism to any family member, probably miss my sister. But then you are right time heals - but takes ages. I cried for years, every time I had a moment to myself, which was often.

i miss her because even though she was younger she was of a much sweeter and nobler disposition than me and was the greatest source of unconditional love and forgiveness, I really experienced as a witness. I miss her to bits, but I heard from this board she was at pioneer school recently. I hope she is happy and never missed me as much as I missed her. It crippled me for years.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Thanks Brooke, I'm glad I was able to meet some new and better friends then I had before.

Dustin

• zanex
    zanex

as tired and cliche as this sounds I think I miss my parents the most...oh well...we all have to play the hand we are given...I havent folded yet..;) but I do miss them...

-Z-

• joelbear
    joelbear

I miss my childhood friend Chris. I miss my friend Dale. I miss my friends Robyn, Julie and Lisa. I miss my nieces who grew up without me being around. I miss Cheri and Eddie. I miss my friend John who I was so in love with. I miss my friends Eric and Jill.

Well, thats the first layer. I miss a lot more.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was never close to anyone as a JW, so there's no one there to miss.

I just miss the person I used to be prior to my JW life.

Walter

• Sassy
    Sassy

my old best friend Angie..

I miss her the most.. she thinks she is being obedient to Jehovah by not associating with me though..

but I know she misses me too..

I miss my mom too

and I miss my friend Kip..

and Jerry..

• Dustin
    Dustin

Crumpet, life has a way of being cruel when it comes to those you love. I would love to tell you your sister misses you as much as you miss her, but sometimes that just isn't the case. I have found that sometimes you can love a person soo much, but they just pay it no attention. It truly is her loss. I recently have lost my brother to a marriage to a really mean and domineering woman. Much like the organization she feeds him thoughts, and brainwashes him into believing he's happy when he's not.

I hope one day your sister realizes how much you care. Time does heal wounds, but unfortunately the scars are always there as a constant reminder. I have had many nights where all I wanted to do was cry myself to sleep. But instead of focussing my energy on those who don't return my love I have learned to focus on those who do. I have found that they are my true Family.

Dustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit