I'm at the end of my rope with this JW crap

by ithinkisee 39 Replies latest members private

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

ithinkisee, when I am at a family gathering and someone starts talking JW drivel, like how the end must be so close because (fill in the blank) or about some demunzz story, or whatever I have to leave the room or I would just go off. I mean literally if I don't walk out I'll just explode and really burn some bridges. I totally understand how you feel, I have a very low tolerance for bullshit and the stuff shoveled from the platform is pharmacuetical grade for sure. I wish you well with the task that lies before you, it won't be easy but what else can you do, its obvious you can't live in denial. I hope your realtionship with your wife will remain intact.

• blondie
    blondie

When the crap is so high you can taste it, it is time to leave.

• TheListener
    TheListener

IthinkIsee,

I totally know where you're coming from. When I'm at the meetings I just lose myself in my thoughts. Time goes by really fast if you're daydreaming! However, every once in awhile I wake up just enough to answer and appear interested. When someone from the platform says something really sickening I try to chuckle to myself and remember that I used to believe it all too. I also come to the forum to vent my frustrations. It has been an amazing healer of emotions for me.

As far as telling your wife everything and completely unloading your heart on her? Well, that may work for you in the short term by making you feel better - for a short time. But, if you really want to get her out a slow and methodical exit may be necessary. Nothing upsets wives more than not understanding why you've lost your faith in the organization. They tie everything they have into their hope for the future. Hell, some wives believe if their husbands leave the truth that they'll turn into some lounge lizzard or something. There was a thread on this just a couple of days ago where I believe Scully () had some wonderful advice. Basically show your wife all the love and support possible. Let her know that you love her unconditionally and not because of the dubs rules. Once the husband begins to fade the wife will get less and less support (over time) from the congo. in this the husband gains the upper hand. If you show her how much you love and support her regardless of your beliefs she will not feel as threatened by your fade. In fact she'll find it confusing. On one hand your're slowly becoming a heathen and on the other hand you're a loving supportive mate that goes the extra mile.

I wish you the best of luck and feel free to PM me anytime you need to vent.

• moanzy
    moanzy

When I had finally decided to leave, I started telling family that I was sick and tired of the way people try to "help" you when they were doing nothing more that being nosy and making you feel like you were holding the cong back.

I started critisizing things that were done and said and asking questions about some of the stupid rules we had to follow for no real scritural reason.My sister told me to"be careful about asking too much because it is showing where my faith is". So I replied " well what are you all going to do about it, not talk to me anymore? OH WELL! I WILL LIVE!!!!" The appauled shreak my sister did on the phone was priceless.

I figure if you try to reason with them they will try to convince you that you have it all wrong and then you second guess everything you know is wrong. I didn't want them to have that chance to use their mind messing reasoning on me anymore. The little bit of attitude I gave them helps them to back off because I think they get scared you might "get them" or something.

Moanzy

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

ithinkisee,

I understand you completely. That exactly at the point where I am in this religious organization. It's quite painful emotionally at times.

DY

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    When I see a $100 check on our statement written by my wife as a donation to the worldwide work just pisses me off.

I can sympathize with that. When my dad was on his exit, I mentioned one day how much I had contributed for the year, I remember him stiffening and his jaw clenching.

Well at least it's tax deductable, but I know how much it sticks in your craw, knowing what you know.

"Religion is the worship and service of the Devil and his associate demons .... Religion is the chief means that puts fear into the minds of the people and leads them into the Devil's snare .... Truly then, as stated, 'religion is a snare and a racket,' employed to collect money from them under false representations." Joseph Rutherford Watchtower, Jan. 15 1940, Page 29

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

My fade progresses.

I meditate a lot of the time and I come home with lower blood pressure, an feeling great.

I am frightened that one day I shall walk into the Kingdum Hell and burst into flames, or freeze on the thresh hold imprisoned by some holy force field.

HB

• Pole
    Pole
    I sit at the meetings and just roll my eyes and shake my head everything they say.

That's the syndrom I had just before leaving not to show up at any meeting again. I felt I could pick holes in every little aspect of the WTS doctrine. The arbitrariness, the utter stupidity and the profound contrast with what I was getting at the university made me roll my eyes too.

I started bringing mianture books and sets of programming problems to solve. Then I'd go to the bathroom or go out to sit in my car for 20 minutes or longer and read a book. Man, what a torture. I think this complete feeling of boredom was the no 1 reason why I left the borg.

I sincerely wish you the same.

Pole

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is just the tip of the iceberg. It was my sense before I left that LOTS of dubs were just going thru the motions, sitting in the meetings with a glazed look on their faces, daydreaming the time away, semi-willing captives of a benign (as long as you obey) dictatorship.

It's like the Italians after WWII when they were asked why they didn't turn on Mussolini sooner: "Well, he made the trains run on time."

Of course, with JWs, the trains really aren't running on time, but the WTS keeps telling them they are.

Boy, wait'll the the rank and file find out there are no trains!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Boy Oh Boy

I see and can relate to all the comments here.

When I see checks written out by my wife I want to raise a stink about all the time, ... and gas, ... and how my cars were used for service, on and on but then, its only money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit