Was it worth meeting with the judicial committee?

by 24k 41 Replies latest jw friends

For those of you who met with a judicial committee and were subsequently DA'd or DF'd, was it worth the time and effort? Did the elders let you speak your piece, or were they only interested in hearing that key word or phrase that would allow them to act? Was there genuine interest shown, proboing questions asked, did they really want to know how you felt? Did you get any satisfaction out of openly expressing your true feelings to representatives of the orginazation?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JAVA
    JAVA

If I had it to do over again, I would have told them to take a flying leap. They came to my house, and they did their little dance for about 30 minutes. One of the elders that I didn't know was interesting; when I told them I voted for a school issue, his lip actually curled--no kidding! My JW-spouse is the one who turned me in for voting (which supported our two children's education). I'm an evil person. ;-)

• Honesty
    Honesty

I seriously doubt those lying hypocritical elders wanted to form a Kangaroo Court Judicial Committee regarding the 1000+ documents of lies, fraud and deceptions of the evil apostate Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses I have on file with my attorney.

• Mary
    Mary

I seriously doubt those lying hypocritical elders wanted to form a Kangaroo Court Judicial Committee regarding the 1000+ documents of lies, fraud and deceptions of the evil apostate Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses I have on file with my attorney.
    Whoa..........tell us more!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I was so traumatised I find I have no memory at all of attending them. I know I was there and I know what happened, but i don't remember it. It's just blank. And no I was not on drugs!

The last one I didn't attend. I just told them to do what they had to do. I could have gotten away with it as it was a minor slip up of smoking a cigarette, which I rang and told them about. I was deeply sorry, it happened on the night of my reinstatement in a moment of weakness and I just felt I didn't deserve to be back in and finally stopped going to meetings.

• mjl
    mjl

JAVA, you may not have heard, voting and holding a political card is now a conscience matter. More "new light."

• Namasti
    Namasti

Crumpet--I hope you're over all that by now. And realized it's not you--IT'S THEM that's not worth it or worthy of any of our emotions. We finally understand how wonderfully worthy we are when we leave all that crap.

I did not go to my last committee meeting--THANK GOD.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thank you Namasti - with the help of this board, I am getting over it. I no longer feel a worthless piece of crap anymore, so feel I'm making great progress. The challenge will be to maintain a modicum of modesty now, and not start feeling all superior to my parents and sisters. I was once like them, but then its hard not to feel angry - after all my parents were my parents and they should have known better! What were they thinking, I cannot imagine!

• JAVA
    JAVA

**voting and holding a political card is now a conscience matter. More "new light."** Wow?I can expect a letter from the Tower saying how sorry they are for the mix-up. Jah is truly great! I?ll check my mailbox now, maybe it?s already there. Thanks mjl, I feel the love from the Tower's "new light." :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit