Latest "talk" by GB member being emailed around

by catchthis 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

OMG #3 & #6 how I remember them being said all the time. LOL Funny they are still calling it urgent times considering that 30 years have passed since 1975 and the assured end has come and gone without it happening. Fred Frantz assured us the end was nigh, what happen? LOL Yet they are still saying the same silly things. LOL

• Preston
    Preston
    >1. Listen to Jehovah. Many think they know the answers, but they don't even know the questions.

Hey...now look here...I've read Dianetics, those Scientologists seem to know a lot of questions.....

>2. Study regularly, study deeply. We can be desensitized by what we see and hear, thinking it isn't bad, i.e., Christmas songs. We hear them; next thing we know the tune is running around in our head. In a short time, we are humming them, just as Satan wants.

I agree, nothing can possibly me more gayer than singing Christmas songs in...(looks at his watch)..what is this now...March?

>3. Do we spend pioneer time in front of the TV or computer, and token time in service? Psalms 119:37, "Make my eyes pass on from seeing what is worthless."

Let this be a lesson to all of you who read Minimus's thread on the sperm dentist.

>4. Jesus is countless billions of years old...and one day we will be as old as Jesus is now, and he'll only be twice our age.

You'll be as old as Dick Clark!

>5. The Bible is inspired of the Sovereign of the Universe. It's a masterpiece, give it careful attention!!!!

I've read better Jackie Collins

>6. The reasons some give for not being at the meetings is the very reason why they need to be there!!! Too tired, too busy, not feeling well. All signs where spiritual resusitation would invigorate us.

Which is why everyone breathes a sigh of relief when they end on time....

>7. Too busy because of the high cost of living, or living high? You can't put enough money in the bank to get through Armageddon.

Unlike JWs who stick to a firm policy of "field service insurance". Silly people putting their money in a Roth IRA, what will that accomplish? Bah!

>8. A couple of young brothers are going to a movie. When asked if it has bad language, they reply, "Yes, but we hear it all the time in school." Do we want to pay to hear more? It should hurt our ears.

Just tell your folks you're going to see a David Mamet play and they won't know how to respond...

>9. Every meeting is a holy, sacred occasion. Never be absent by choice.

Even God would be bored out of his mind.....

>10. Some are slowly losing the sense of urgency. We are in the heart and heat of a universal emergency. All in heaven have their attention focused on earth and what we are doing.

Yes, and I am the Queen, and tomorrow we invade the planet of the apes....

>11. If we had the cure for cancer we would tell everyone. We DO have the cure for cancer, AIDS, and even death that people desperately need to hear.

Can anyone say "Messiah Complex"?

>12. Our ministry is an extension of God's love. When you talk with someone they are face to face with a representative of Jehovah God. (I know we've heard this before, but to stop and meditate on this -- it takes on new, deeper meaning.)

Which is why JWs have no problem telling unbelieving people that they and they alone are God's representatives, what a cherished act of humility to say to an unbeliever that you represent God and that you speak for him. What a simple act of love.... (sarcasm)

- Preston

• willyloman
    willyloman

First, I am not so sure this is the "latest" talk by Guy. I've heard him say most of this stuff before. His Christmas Song theory was laid out for our congo 20 years ago when he served us as a CO. Several other points in this outline are also familiar. Of course, that could just mean he's just delivering the same old talk all these years later.

Guy was a youngish "partaker" back in the day, a fact we found puzzling because the conventional dub wisdom then was that all the annointed were chosen by 1935 and Guy wasn't even born then, or at least must have been a mere child. He was quite a stickler for almost everything. I remember having him over for lunch and my wife cooked this enormous meal, turkey with all the trimmings, a regular Thanksgiving dinner. Later that week, addressing the congo, he made a big deal out of sisters preparing big meals for the CO when what was really necessary was that they be out in FS that day and settle for something simple and easy to prepare for lunch. My wife never cooked a turkey for a CO again.

A few years ago, when I was still involved in the dub world and was my the reform-minded stage, I wrote a long, long letter to Guy Pierce to outline for him what was really going on "in the trenches" out in our world. I told him that as a GB member, he might be a bit insulated from what the rank and file were thinking. I also suggested a number of reforms that I thought would revitalize the "work." I never sent the letter, realizing after I read it over that it would just cause more problems in my life. Shortly after that, I came to grips with the fact that the problems in the organization are systemic and cannot be repaired.

• codeblue
    codeblue

omg.............SNG...........I am waiting for part deux as well!!!!

Satan has so much to do, he has to make sure we sing Christmas songs???????????????

lmao.......

CodeBlue

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Undercover -

doesn't that fit with the organization's rendition of Hebrews 10:24, 25?

"Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together...to incite to guilt and fine works".

Jeff

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

LOL SNG I nearly pissed myself laughing at your story.. heheheh!

GBL

• lilybird
    lilybird

SNG That was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing and then I had to go back and read it again and laugh some more. Its so ridiculous that JWS think that Satan is just waiting there to ensnare them at any second. I would think with all the crap going on the world that if you believed in Satan it would seem he is much busier creating havoc elsewhere.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    Some are slowly losing the sense of urgency

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you have time to lose your sense of urgency slowly, then things were never very urgent, were they?

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    I remember having him over for lunch and my wife cooked this enormous meal, turkey with all the trimmings, a regular Thanksgiving dinner. Later that week, addressing the congo, he made a big deal out of sisters preparing big meals for the CO when what was really necessary was that they be out in FS that day and settle for something simple and easy to prepare for lunch. My wife never cooked a turkey for a CO again.

ROFLOL. A simple thank you to your wife for her kind efforts wouldn't do - huh.

I remember a CO visit where I made a turkey for the lunch. The CO's wife insisted we sisters do the dishes while the brothers sat and talked. She wanted to make sure the kitchen was clean prior to going back out in service. I told her I had cooked the meal and my out of work husband had agreed to do the dishes later - LOL. She looked at me like I was insane! How could I possible expect my husband to do the dishes? They so don't get it. I worked full-time and he sat on his butt but because he was a man he didn't need to do dishes. He needed to talk with the CO so he could take care of our spiritual needs.

She was more worried about the spots on my dishes than she was in getting back out in service. She gave me a big lecture about cleaning my silverware with hot water so there would be no spots. I did use hot water but like I cared whether or not there were spots on my silverware?

Off my soapbox now. Your CO visit comment just got me on a roll!

• metatron
    metatron

#11 in particular is a lie. He is deliberately repeating a 'pie - in - the - sky' lie.

"We have the cure" is expressed in the present tense - and they don't have the cure for anything at present,

including the deepening malaise in the organization.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit