Latest "talk" by GB member being emailed around

by catchthis 46 Replies latest jw friends

• catchthis
    catchthis

Not sure if this is a "made up" email or not -- sounds like any other talk you've ever heard....

>A talk recently given by Brother Guy Pierce ...

>Safeguard Your Spirituality by Training Your Perceptive Powers

>By: Brother Guy Pierce of the Governing Body

>1. Listen to Jehovah. Many think they know the answers, but they don't even know the questions.

>2. Study regularly, study deeply. We can be desensitized by what we see and hear, thinking it isn't bad, i.e., Christmas songs. We hear them; next thing we know the tune is running around in our head. In a short time, we are humming them, just as Satan wants.

>3. Do we spend pioneer time in front of the TV or computer, and token time in service? Psalms 119:37, "Make my eyes pass on from seeing what is worthless."

>4. Jesus is countless billions of years old...and one day we will be as old as Jesus is now, and he'll only be twice our age.

>5. The Bible is inspired of the Sovereign of the Universe. It's a masterpiece, give it careful attention!!!!

>6. The reasons some give for not being at the meetings is the very reason why they need to be there!!! Too tired, too busy, not feeling well. All signs where spiritual resusitation would invigorate us.

>7. Too busy because of the high cost of living, or living high? You can't put enough money in the bank to get through Armageddon.

>8. A couple of young brothers are going to a movie. When asked if it has bad language, they reply, "Yes, but we hear it all the time in school." Do we want to pay to hear more? It should hurt our ears.

>9. Every meeting is a holy, sacred occasion. Never be absent by choice.

>10. Some are slowly losing the sense of urgency. We are in the heart and heat of a universal emergency. All in heaven have their attention focused on earth and what we are doing.

>11. If we had the cure for cancer we would tell everyone. We DO have the cure for cancer, AIDS, and even death that people desperately need to hear.

>12. Our ministry is an extension of God's love. When you talk with someone they are face to face with a representative of Jehovah God. (I know we've heard this before, but to stop and meditate on this -- it takes on new, deeper meaning.)

• Scully
    Scully
    (I know we've heard this before, but to stop and meditate on this -- it takes on new, deeper meaning.)

Boy, they're really shovelling it into a DEEPER pile than ever before, aren't they??

• Voyager
    Voyager

Scully makes a good point. We have certainly heard this crud before. But in my opinion, I think they have advanced themselves to using (Bulldozers) instead of the old shovels of the past. The old shovels were just not cutting the mustard, and their numbers have dropped significantly!

They want those (numbers) back up, and their going to use any means available to get them to get them there. Anger, threats, 15 minutes a month is OK, take a language class and count 25 hours, it is hard to say what will be some of the new arrangements in the future, to appease the FDS class to try and get things back to what they consider as (normal)! Perhaps they feel that they can (Bulldoze) more obedience into their members.

Scully--Good Show--Thanks!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I always hated this kind of comment by the bro on the platform..........

>7. Too busy because of the high cost of living, or living high? You can't put enough money in the bank to get through Armageddon.

It's real easy to make a comment like this when you don't have to worry about paying rent/mortgage, utility bills, car payment, insurance, cable tv or satellite bill (they all have it in the provided apartment they stay in) health insurance or even have to work to buy food. And how many times are they taken out to dinner and someone else pays?

When is the last time any one of them had a problem tooth and put up with it because they couldn't afford the dentist? Bet they get their eyes examined and glasses at least every two years without paying!

I get pissed just thinking about the freeloaders telling hard working people that they are putting too much emphasis on their standard of living. They are the ones living off the fat of the land without any work ethic at all.

I"m glad I never listened to them and kept my rotating shift work for all the years I did.

They can kiss my lilly white arse. Moony 2

HappyDad

• heathen
    heathen
    11. If we had the cure for cancer we would tell everyone. We DO have the cure for cancer, AIDS, and even death that people desperately need to hear

Yah I know they have the cure for insomnia ................... LMAO I know they don't have the cure for being a neurotic asswipe ................

• moanzy
    moanzy

I wonder if they are aware of how hard families are finding it to just provide for themselves let alone support the Brooklyn freeloaders!!!! I and my siblings did without because our money went to gas for service and meetings and anything else was for the society and kingdom hall fund. Those dumbasses!!!

God it feels great to finally say how I feel!

Moanzy

• blondie
  • seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Christmas songs. We hear them; next thing we know the tune is running around in our head. In a short time, we are humming them, just as Satan wants.

Satan must be one bored character. He spends his days trying to get people to hum Christmas songs. I can see him right now, watching Witness Bob on his 80" monitor in his EvilHorde(tm) control room.

Satan: That's it, that's it....(lilting softly) I'm dreaming....of a...hmmm.....hmmm-hmmm....No! No! Why does he keep switching to Life Without End At Last?

Demonic minion enters.

Minion: Sir! You requested my presence?

Satan: Yes. I've almost got Witness Bob humming that great Bing Crosby tune, what is it again? Ah, White Christmas. He's getting close, but he keeps switching to one of those infernal Kingdom Melodies right before he gets to the Christmas part. It isn't even a decent segue, where he makes the switch - it's the wrong key, and it's not even the right time signature, and....

Minion: Sir?

Satan: I need you, my dear...(reads name tag) Merodach...to follow Bob around today...just keep humming the tune in his ears. Let me hear it, give me your best Bing.

Minion: Hmm....hmm-hmmmmmmm....hmm-hmm...hmmmmmm.......hmmmmmm-hmmmmmmm!

Satan: Ah! Marvelous vibrato! Where did you go to school?

Minion: Oh, I...sat in on a few classes at Juliard. Nothing much really. My mother always sang around the lair while doing housework.

Satan: Well, it's really good, I do say.

Minion: (Blushing) You're too kind, sir. You know, it always has been a dream of mine to do a Broadway show someday....The lights, the audience, New York City!... (Snapping back to attention) But sir, really? Sing to him all day? I'm so behind on my torture and death quota.

Satan: Your quota is erased for the month. Pay no mind to anything else. The most important thing is to get Bob humming Christmas tunes! Do you hear me?!

Minion: Sir! Yes sir!

Satan: I don't care if you have to tweak with his dreams, godddammit! Just get him Christmasized!

FADE TO BLACK.

Close on Witness Bob, who is staring vacantly off in space. As the camera pulls back, he starts singing, weakly. "I'm...dreaming....of a whiiiiiiiite....Christmas!"

Minion (voiceover): Sir, it has been accomplished.

Satan: Good. Mu ha ha ha ha. Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Camera pulls back further to reveal that Bob is wearing a full-on Santa suit as Satan laughs wildly.

FADE TO BLACK.

• cypher50
    cypher50

I really hope this isn't a talk by a GB member...I know things were getting simplistic when I pulled away but not this simplistic. Even if this is an outline, I could hardly consider a mash up of several different themes a full talk...

If this is real then maybe I am just finding it much easier to see the childishness of most instruction talks.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Do we spend pioneer time in front of the TV or computer,

it's 2:53am.........good time to be going door to door.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't sleep!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit