my mom stopped going to meetings today

by dh 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JW83
    JW83

Love11, your story is great - talk about karma! How would the Witnesses explain that?!

• dh
    dh

Just got up this morning! Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Luckily my mom was not born a JW, she was raised as a very strict Catholic, so when she left that was the hardest thing she's done, stepping out of the Catholic world with hell held over your head since childhood was harder for her than this, which is why I am sure she will take this in her stride (I would not have pushed so hard if I thought it would do damage) my mom is tough! LOL

I know it will take some time getting used to not going to meetings or out on service, likewise she would not post on a board like this because we are all ex jw's, and as every JW knows, people who leave the JW's are bitter!!! Exactly what I (and probably many others) thought about 'apostates' when we left. The truth is that even a bitter person can tell the truth!

It's just a passage of time now, when you are fresh out, it's usually for a few reasons and you may still believe 95% of JW stuff, but 5% combined with your own experiences of what's happened to you as an individual is enough to push you over the edge. It's only as it comes into perspective that you see how bad the rest of it was too.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

for you and your mum, JH.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Always good new and always an inspiration. Well done dh and especially mother dh.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    I would not have pushed so hard if I thought it would do damage

Yep - that's the one! A REAL Crisis of Conscience. If KNOWING that you can take someone's faith will ''damage'' them - better to leave alone. Ignorance being Bliss, I suppose.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

wow, good for you and her.

• clementine
    clementine

that is so good dh!!!!!!!!!! i feel very happy for you!!

• happehanna
    happehanna

She is very brave and it isn't going to be easy for her but you must be really pleased.

• Es
    Es

FANTASTIC!!

Wish I could get my mum out

es

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

That is awesome. Enjoy the victory....one less JW in the lie YEA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit