my mom stopped going to meetings today

by dh 39 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

i don't talk about my family very much on here, but today i feel i have to, because today after all the years of pushing, finally there is a result.

thanks to life & the universe and everyone on jwd, who by simply existing have helped in a way that i don't know how to write.

today is the day my mom stopped going to meetings.

i won't go into loads of detail at this point because it's very involved, but it's done. my dad is an elder and is still going, but my mom is out now.

thanks

• kls
    kls

dh that is great news but do you know if it will last?

• Valis
    Valis

wow dh...your persistence has paid off...cheers matey!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

You've worked so hard for so long and risked a lot to accomplish this wonderful result, dh, so CONGRATULATIONS!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Good for you and your mom. You both have our support.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

dh - that is great. A member of a cult out.

Will your dad follow?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Congratulations, DH. I sincerely hope this works out for the best for you and your family!

Jeannie

• Bryan
    Bryan

Congrats dh!

You must feel wonderful!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• codeblue
    codeblue

Dh.......that is wonderful It's more than a simple twist of fate, her rose colored glasses broke!!!

Has your mom ever viewed this board? If not, introduce her to it, she made need it for the healing transition. Tell her I said "hi".....

I imagine with your Dad being an elder, homelife may be very strained....I hope you and your Mom can handle it, at least you both can support each other now.

CodeBlue

• dh
    dh

thanks everyone!

dh that is great news but do you know if it will last?

yeah, my mom wouldn't say it if she didn't mean it, and the amount of hell i have caused lately, and the amount of regret i have seen in my mom's eyes, it's real. she says she isn't going to have anything to do with any jw's anymore, to make it a clean break and so that she isn't polluting the congregation. of course i know there will probably be questions and people coming over, but as my mom says 'i don't have to speak to anyone, it's my business'.

will your dad follow

that is very unlikely, but a year ago i would have never thought today would happen, but life is funny like that. people only truly realise things when it starts to effect them. i'll get to my dad eventually, but i could never even start on him without my mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit