What is the bible for?

by Smoky 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoky
    Smoky

I was just wondering the other day about the bible, in a different manner than i usually would (inspired by god).

It is like if i were a atheist, or something........ So what is the bibile?

Is it a rule book, that we must follow? A guide we reference to enrich our lives?

Somehow I get this impression that we are being dooped by the bible into some religious prison of rules, that we must be followed or die.

I dont remember ever feeling like this before? Maybe i am just lacking faith?

smoky

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

It's a tool which, if used properly, can enslave millions.

Walter

• JAVA
    JAVA

Smoky -- You're not "lacking faith," you're wising up my friend.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

-- Reading?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I find the bible very useful for squashing roaches.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Faith is evil. Faith hurts people.

GBL

• Bas
    Bas

the bible indeed is a great tool of propaganda, it's more evil then I'd dare to admit

• Bas
    Bas

well faith in general is not bad, but if you put it into the wrong things it can be rather destructive to yourself and others.

• talesin
    talesin

It's a process called 'critical thinking', and is verboten by the WTBTS.

All of a sudden, the fog begins to lift and you start to see a lot of things differently ...

Thinking for oneself, is a wonderful thing.

whisper it: freedom

shout it: FREEDOM!

tal

• Puternut
    Puternut

Paperweight?

Other than that I don't know. Wars are fought in the name of religion. JW's use it to fight against the world and other religions. The bible is full of war stories fought in the name of religion. So do we need any religion which leads to wars? If there was no religion, would there be as many wars?

You be the judge.

Puternut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit