The dubs came calling

by ChrisVance 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I live in Mexico and the dubs come to my door from time to time. Usually I tell them that I hope that they can leave their religion because it's a cult. Yesterday I told them that I'm gay and that I know they hate gays. The "sister" said, oh no, we can't judge. I said I know what you believe. I also said they believe that god is going to destroy everyone but them. They said no they didn't believe that. I then told them that I used to be a dub and that I know they hate gays and that they believe god is going to kill everyone but them. They then decided to leave. I told them they should quit lying. The "sister" smiled neervously.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

You go, Chris. By the way, did you used to post on ACB?

Sherry

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Yes, I posted there a few times.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Nice job Chris!! I still dream of the dubs coming back one last time. I just want to stand up and say I hate you for the lies, your kind of truth is what I despise.

Dustin

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I used to be a moderator over there. Nice to see you, guess I haven't talked to you before over here.

Sherry

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Correct, this site is for people. Of all kinds.

Pope

• Bas
    Bas

this site is not for wanna b dubs, i hope. But mostly for x dubs and wanna leave jw's. A sort of online exit for the sinking ship that's called the watchtower

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    this site is not for wanna b dubs

Actually, we've had quite a few recently come here looking to become a JW. Some left the Board and some are still here - active contributors without intent to become JWs anymore.

Chris -

Sorry to contribute to the hijack of your thread..!! Nice retort to your visitors. I hope I can be as direct. I bet that one sister had a nervous smile. She got caught in a WT-sanctioned lie --- and she knew it!!

IllDoWhatSimonSayz and Bas -

Welcome to the Board. Happy to have you with us.

-Aude.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Good, Chris! I'm glad you told them about themselves.

• JAVA
    JAVA

The biggest fear a door-to-door JW has is talking to a former JW. They can't use the cons that's used on others. Nearly everyother word in door-to-door sermons is a lie, and ex-members can easily point it out. Way to go Chris!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit