YESTERDAY'S WT STUDY

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I find it very interesting that the WT asked that question. To me it looks like another blatant form of mind control. They know that the statistics are looking very bad, so to make the good little JWs ignore this they ask them what looked "good" about the statistics.

They are basically having the people force their minds to ignore the bad information and see only imagined good information.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Ethiopia had a 5% increase......ya, I guess if you're starving to death, who wouldn't want to hear that paradise is right around the corner.

OMG thats so funny. I think those guys are so bored they arent even thinking about how stupid it is to think that report is "encouraging".

GBL

• cindykp
    cindykp

Hi Mary,

It went the same way here too! I just posted this on another thread, but how about paragraph 15? My girlfriend and I couldnt quit laughing.

The Harvest Reaching Its Climax

The question for the paragraph is

15. What was prophesied that God's people would to in the final days? lmao

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Oh lordy, at yesterday's Botchtower Study, paragraph 17 (I think) asked what we personally found "encouraging" about the 2004 stats that are listed by country in the WT.

Well then there now......I'm surprised that no one offered up the feeble "encouragement" that the old sifting work has been done, and that the love of the greater number has cooled off in these places---signaling that the END is just around the corner!

Annie

• cindykp
    cindykp

You almost have to feel bad for the guy conducting. Looking and looking for someone to raise their hand. Head moving back and forth, sweat dripping!!!!!! Then the final question, "anyone?"

• Gopher
    Gopher

Everybody sing along:

"The fields are ready for harvestiiiiiiing.....

Let's joyfully bring in the yield!"

• cindykp
    cindykp

Lol, did you sing loudly?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I haven't been to a meeting in over 4 years now. But I did used to play piano at the Kingdom Hall (back before the old guys at Brooklyn headquarters put a kibosh on local piano players), so those songs and lyrics are stilled drilled into my cranium.

However, I am holding back a laugh here at the office about how silly that song sounds now.

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm surprised that no one offered up the feeble "encouragement" that the old sifting work has been done, and that the love of the greater number has cooled off in these places

Actually, someone did make the comment that perhaps the reason only the third world countries are experiencing growth is because "they are simple people" and they "don't question things as much as those that live where knowledge is abundant". I was somewhat shocked at this comment and wondered if anyone else was thinking the same as me: in other words, people who have access to the internet and libraries and universities can see through the WT's doctrines like grandma's underpants, but the poor souls who live in abject poverty and have no such facilities at hand, don't question the doctrines......so much for "making sure of all things" eh?

• Neo
    Neo

This thread is crackin' me up.

Neo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit