YESTERDAY'S WT STUDY

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Oh lordy, at yesterday's Botchtower Study, paragraph 17 (I think) asked what we personally found "encouraging" about the 2004 stats that are listed by country in the WT. Well the conductor asked the question and there was an embarassing 30 seconds where NO ONE put up there hand! Finally, the conductor said "...maybe there's nothing encouraging in there?" I almost burst out laughing and wanted to say "what was your first clue?!"

Anyway, someone finally put up their hand and remarked about how wonderful it was to see that Ethiopia had a 5% increase......ya, I guess if you're starving to death, who wouldn't want to hear that paradise is right around the corner. One bro put up his hand and actually mentioned the fact that there was 0% increase in virtually all the industrialized nations, but that we "shouldn't let that discourage us". Riiiiight. Millions of hours were spend in service and you get a zero percent increase and you're not supposed to get discouraged? What the hell would it take for them to get discouraged? Maybe a 30% decrease overall??

Anyway, the conductor quickly moved on to paragraph 18 to avoid letting anyone think too long about paragraph 17......what a hoot!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Dumb magazine, Dumb question, Dumb Conductor, Dumb answers, Dumb religion. Welcome to the Kingdumb Hall.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I would have been tempted to put my hand up and say that it is encouraging to find that their was a 0% increase in industrialised nations.

Are we not encouraged brothers??!!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

One bro put up his hand and actually mentioned the fact that there was 0% increase in virtually all the industrialized nations

Thats what I like to see, the Half Full type of person.

steve.

ps since when is 0 an increase

• Ticker
    Ticker

Im sure that question and the 0% increase will be just oh so encouraging. lol Maybe this question was directed more at the third world countries then the industrialized countries, either way it wasn't a very tactful question on their part.

Ticker

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Thats what I like to see, the Half Full type of person.

Yeah, the full of sht type!

• dh
    dh

Riiiiight. Millions of hours were spend in service and you get a zero percent increase and you're not supposed to get discouraged?

LOL, great post, they are mad!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i wanted to comment that the increase of memorial-parttakers was very encouraging, because that means that the end still aint that nigh... didn't do it though, just whispered it to the front row...

• blondie
    blondie

The conductor should never ask a question he doesn't know the answer to

and

The conductor should never ask a question he's not sure what the answer will be.

No one mentioned Japan?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

0 percent is a big fat zero. My question would be, "Where were the Angels?" Aren't they supposed to be out in service too? Or do they take long coffee breaks also?

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit