YESTERDAY'S WT STUDY

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

Mary: Do you think JW's actually ASK themselves that question? I can't for the life of me, understand how these ppl just sit there, and turn off their brains, and nod along with the speaker.

Jez

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Jez, never underestimate the ability of people to delude themselves. Its just like what you have to do with fiction, willful suspension of disbelief.

• Jez
    Jez

Great point angel.

Jez

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

makes me want to go to a meeting... hahahahaha

• Mary
    Mary

at my WT study yesterday, somebody actually said something like for every 1 person getting baptized in the US, 4 are leaving.

I'm amazed this person wasn't "spoken to" after the meeting about "causing dissention in the congregation" by making such negative comments about God's "true channel" here on earth. After all, we can't let a little thing like facts get in the way of faith now can we?

It should be interesting to see what new scare tactics they'll be coming out with at the summer assembly this year. Last year, they admitted that there were too many leaving the Borg, but as per usual, it's all OUR fault--never theirs! They gotta be getting scared though.......I mean, what can be scarier to a control freak than your creation rebelling against your authority?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One thought has occurred to me that might be employed in the matter - will they somehow just stop reporting the individual countries and give the worldwide figure? - at least for the time being they can show growth there! Plus it would be impossible to 'track' a number like that well. Easier to hide the lies.

Maybe some creative use of Memorial attendance to create positive information that sounds like growth to the average dub with his brain in neutral? [I know they do this already, but perhaps an expanded version of this]

Very clear they are getting nervous. This years report was a month later than before.

Just my Opinion

Jeff

• Es
    Es

lol

great reply diamondblue

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit