Circuit Assembly Review: "Be guided by the 'wisdom from above.'

by Spook 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Man it IS like a freaking acid trip! I LOVE it when people hit those conventions then relate details back to our group. My buddy who is also ex dub went to the district convention last year because of his parents and said that he took like 50 pages of notes in just one day! He was facinated at the bullshit he used to believe in!

GBL

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    We are a little bird in a cage now we can look at the cage like a prison or as a place of protection it is all in our atitude------------but we have to remember out side is the cat who wants to get the bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( you know who the cat is YEP--SATAN--) So my brothers and sister STAY IN YOUR CAGE IT IS FOR YOUR PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The more I thought about this-the more angry I got. It puts the JWs right back in the position of "listen to everything we say" (ridiculous or not) and be obedient to our "counsel".

If YOU don't "see things" their way---YOU are at fault! It's the same old reasoning that seeps into everything the WTS says. They may as well come right out and say, "YOU'RE stupid, WE know everything you need to know and ANY deviation will not go well with you." (We'll SEE to that!)

For the Newbies that may not have seen this; the WTS directs its congregations by FOG.

FEAR

OBLIGATION

GUILT

Where IS the love?

Annie

• JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

"Consider that the spiritual rock-mass on which faith is built is obedience." Obviously the "rock-mass" in question are the combined brains of Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, Henschel, and however is left of the octeganarian, Depends clad GB. Best Regards, JustMe

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

The so-called 'wisdom from above' is the very reason I left the org. I wonedered why I was so depressed and tired. My marriage was a mess, my children were unhappy and me - a usually positive and optimistic person, was sinking lower and lower by the day. I finally realized that the reason I was so miserable was that I was trying to please the men in Brooklyn - it was always 'do more, make all the meetings, be on-time, dress appropriately, study beforehand, study with your family, read the mags., get at least 10 a month, follow up on your RV's AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I couldn't take that s&%t anymore.

I reasoned that this wasn't from God. Jesus said is yoke is kindly and light but the GB BS was anything BUT! I prayed to God for forgiveness for leaving my marriage, but I was too young (19) to know what I wanted and I couldn't believe that God would consign me to a life of misery for my error. After 12 years in the org. I decided it was time for me to live the life God wanted for me.

THEN I RAN THE HELL UP OUT OF THERE!

I only look back to remind myself how foolish I was for falling for all that CRAP! And to never do it again. I think about visiting once in a while to see what their talking about now . From this post it sounds like the SOS (same old shit).

FREEDOM - HOW SWEET IT IS!

• moanzy
    moanzy

Yes I'm pretty sure there is a scripture that tells us all how many squares of toilet paper to use per wipe

Moanzy

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

From what I understand, perfect people generally need a lot of discipline when it comes to keeping their hands off of beautiful, tasty fruit. Cages would probably help.

~Merry

• Honesty
    Honesty

As for this:

Consider that the spiritual rock-mass on which faith is built is obedience

What can you expect from a blaspheming, heretical organisation?

Ozzie

Hey Ozzie, it's hard to imagine that we once believed this crap, too. Where were our brains, man?

• Elsewhere
  • Dismembered
    Dismembered

That's BIG BELLY BARTELL! He's a pompous ass who thinks his crap don't stink. Typical WTBS honcho.

HCM you should have kicked his ass when you had the chance.

PS I made that name up for him!

Dismembered

• TonyT
    TonyT

LMAO elsewhere!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit