The Watchtower Saw It Coming!

by Englishman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    "Let the sun not set with you in a provoked state, neither allow place for the Devil."—EPHESIANS 4:26, 27.

My very last words and quote to the flunky elders who Dfed me on trumped up charges,you will regret provoking me.

• What_is_ur_point
    What_is_ur_point

The paragraph on the disfellowshipped party makes me so angry. There so many bad ones in there. makes me gag.

• avishai
    avishai
    14 Finally, we might consider what the Society has published in the past on chronology. Some opposers claim that Jehovah’s Witnesses are false prophets. These opponents say that dates have been set, but nothing has happened. Again we ask, What is the motive of these critics? Are they encouraging wakefulness on the part of God’s people, or are they, rather, trying to justify themselves for falling back into sleepy inactivity? (1 Thessalonians 5:4-9) More importantly, what will you do if you hear such criticism? If a person is questioning whether we are living in "the last days" of this system, or perhaps is entertaining ideas that God is so merciful that he surely will not cause the death of so many millions of people during the "great tribulation," then this individual already has prepared his heart to listen to such criticisms.—2 Timothy 3:1; Matthew 24:21.

Notice how they use a "poisoning the well" Fallacy here and skirt the issue entirely.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

15 "...The evidence is clear that Jehovah has used and is continuing to use his one organization, with 'the faithful and discreet slave' taking the lead. Hence, we feel like Peter, who said: 'Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life."--John 6:68

Well, if they pointed us to the Lord instead of to themselves, there might be hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit