The Watchtower Saw It Coming!

by Englishman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Well whaddya know!! They are prophets after all!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No e-man it was a really shitty article - but totally predictable

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

My thanks Englishman,

Ugh... That article made my skin crawl. The lack of honest debate even about piddly matters was what started my "fadaway" shortly thereaftore this period.

Also, could they please define "soon" pleeeeez? (para. 15)

W.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

jaffacake,

Awake magazine (22 June 2000 page 6) ?Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name caller?s strategy has worked.?

That is an awesome quote. I've seen it before, but even seeing it again, I experience what I can only describe as total awe of their ability to so perfectly describe themselves and not blink.

I mean, wow! Wow, wow, wow! I have to read that paragraph again....yeah, yep, still says what I thought it said. Wow!

SNG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    A person goes bad becomes a JW because he lets his own selfish reasoning, his own ambitions and desires, his chosen associates and surroundings, mold his thinking and determine the direction of his will.

Don't you think?

Seriously, Mike: this proves they were reading "apostate" literature a long time ago. Even I knew that at the time and I was still a believer. All that article did was raise more questions in my mind about the org.

• moanzy
    moanzy

This is my family: "wasn't that an encouraging article! Thankyou Jehovah for sending us this wise faithful and discreet slave. We are so priviledged and blessed to be getting timely food. With all the molesting, child abuse , mental abuse in our family and congregation I sure am glad that they have given us this information so as not to become discouraged and end up listening foolish reasoning.

Moanzy

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I love it! Thanks for the article.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    A person goes bad because he lets his own selfish reasoning, his own ambitions and desires, his chosen associates and surroundings, mold his thinking and determine the direction of his will. Paul spoke of some who were ?once enlightened, had tasted the heavenly free gift, but had fallen away.? (Hebrews 6:4-6) If we are not continually on guard, the Devil can by his sly propaganda make our hearts receptive to apostate thinking. But how does the Devil, in effect, set a person up as a likely casualty, a victim of apostasy?

This is manipulative bollocks, if we stayed in the WTS wouldnt we be letting our chosen associates (i.e the society and the other members) mold our thinking and determine the direction of our will? Absolutely. Whats the difference? Absolutely none...except they would prefer us to stay in an organisation which is more controlling, leads through fear and guilt and that determined more of our will than we even like to admit.

They interpret selfish reasoning as any matter that we come to our own conclusions on which doesnt fall inline with the FSD's view, which is in effect their own selfish reasoning how hypocritical is that? Whats wrong with ambition and desire? We were all born with it, why deny it unless it adversely affects others?

No any loving God would encourage his people to be happy, fulfilling their desires and ambitions, and living the best life they could lead, not being controlled by manipulative and self serving group of men which have the audacity to suggest they are closer to god than we are....

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wow ... I am still trying to absorb this article.

hawk

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I especially liked this paragraph:

We can be sure that the Devil and his agents, both demon and human, stand ready to exploit any gnawing doubt, any serious flaw of personality, any negligence on our part to keep spiritually strong in the faith. But Jehovah?s Word assures us that the Devil will not devour us if we take a firm stand against him. (James 4:7) For instance, no one falls victim to apostasy because it just could not be avoided. No one is predestined to abandon the faith. Motives of the heart are involved. True, John said that some "went out from us, but they were not of our sort." (1 John 2:19) But this happened because they either chose apostasy or came into Jehovah?s organization with a bad motive at the start. Judas Iscariot had a good heart when called as one of Jesus? 12 apostles, but the Devil worked on Judas? weakness of greed. Even before the night of Jesus? betrayal, "the Devil [had] already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray him."?John 13:2.

This means then that if Judas hadn't betrayed Jesus, there would have been no death and resurrection. So what would have happened to the reason why Jesus came to earth? Yet Jesus had foretold his betrayal and death. Of course Judas was predestined to do what he did. How absurd to think that God's purpose could be thwarted by the Devil!

Here again we have the WTS revealing it teaches a god who is at best equal with the devil, a god who can be afraid of the devil. No wonder the dubs are so hung up on the smurfs demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit