The Watchtower Saw It Coming!

by Englishman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Two words: Ad. Hominem.

SNG

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sorry, I don't know how to add a hominem. Is it anything like algebra?

J

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Its latin for, literally "against [a] human being." Or it can be translated as "man." Its a logical fallacy in which instead of treating the issue at hand and making a logical arguement, they try to attack their opponents personally thereby attempting to add credibility to their non-proof. Kind of like a presidential debate.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Instead, they impugn the motives of anyone that raises them, or even anyone who remotely comes close to them:

They will never admit that the problem is them...not us. Almost 20 years after this article was written and nothing has changed.

They never want to take responsibility for their actions. I don't know if I should thank you for posting this or not. It just started to make me grumpy all over again.

Its latin for, literally "against [a] human being."

O.K. For you and SNG this is a warning. The only language allowed in this forum is english and it is preferred if you keep your english words to four letters or less. (for me)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Yes, and this is the type of arguing that they teach their people.

Can't prove yer point? No problemo! We can't either, but I'll tell ya what's ta do dubbies; make em look stoooopid by attackin their motivations or their intelligence, or even their momma's! They'll start arguin the wrong thing and then ya jus akusem a bein too proud.... hahaha They'll never see thatcha changed the subject on em... heh heh

*villians*

J

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

This part made me puke:

Only in the spiritual paradise, among Jehovah?s Witnesses, can we find the self-sacrificing love Jesus said would identify his true disciples. (John 13:34, 35) By their bad fruits, false prophets are exposed for what they really are. But Jesus indicated that the good trees would be identified by their fine fruits. (Matthew 7:15-20) And what fine fruitage we have in the spiritual paradise! Amazing increases are taking place in practically every country. Over 3,000,000 happy subjects of God?s Kingdom around the globe are living proof that Jehovah has a people on the earth.

Indeed they have, but they have good spindoctors.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I remember this one and a couple of others in the first part of 1986 pretty well... I was df'd for apostasy in May, so I was seeing it coming too!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

These opponents say that dates have been set, but nothing has happened. Again we ask, What is the motive of these critics?

The WTS always questions the motives of others in contradiction to what they preach:

Awake magazine (22 June 2000 page 6) ?Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name caller?s strategy has worked.?

Matthew 7:3-5 (

?Why do you observe the splinter in your brother?s eye and never notice the plank in your own? How dare you say to your brother, let me take the splinter out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your own? Hypocrite! Take the plank out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother?s eye.?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I was out for almost 10 years when this publication came out. I guess I got tired of it long before it became "fashionable"

• Honesty
    Honesty
    BLANKTY-BLANK LYING CONNIVING THIEVING GOD-&-CHRIST-DENYING VIPERS!

That ain't the half of it.... what a bunch of losers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit