What if it got scary?

by Taylor S. 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS needs a sales force to sell their books and because of this they will never order them to do anything that will harm their sales.

JWs are only willing to risk their lives if it will benefit the WTS and help them sell more books.

• Gill
    Gill

Who says it's not scary all ready for some.

My son, non JW, is going out with a JW FT Pioneer girl. She frequently gets to feel her father's walking stick about her person if she doesn't tow the line. She frequently has to 'run for it' in her words.

Yet she's still there.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Somehow the WTS will find yet another way of isolating the JWs from their nonJW friends and families. The new method will be more hard-hitting and will really separate the toe-the-mark dubs from those who are just filling up a chair at the KH.

It will show a real division between the two camps and make more "marking" done in the Org and "true loyalty" will be mandatory. This may change when Jarascz (sp?) dies depending on how this new tactic is implemented and they see what results it will bring.

I also feel that all this "going mainstream" will be more about appearing to be more mainstream, but yet always falling back on their usual habit of doubletalk and weasel-words to rely on.

Of course, any softening of WTS rules, regs and policies MUST be preceded by having Jehovah reveal to the GB just how HE wants it done-----and then they will have to vote on it before they make any changes.

Annie.......who would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when the GB discusses and then votes on things that will affect six million people........

• Scully
    Scully
    Then consider that "koolaid" level #1. That shows how the WTS can and has indoctrinated people to make decisions that lead to their or others death.

Regardless of the "koolaid level" the people who died are still dead. Does the "koolaid level" matter one iota to them?

I'm not saying that the WTS will ever come out and have a direct command to exterminate exJWs or JWs who are straying en masse. But the current indoctrination is sufficient to get certain JWs to do exactly that. All it takes is a handful of instability, mixed with the belief that someone is "better off dead so that they'll have an opportunity to be Resurrected?" and you have the potential for disaster.

It's a lot easier for them to fly under the radar with things the way they are... yet it still works more often than not.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I've thought of this before and discussed it before and I find it perfectly plausible. My family who are in, most of them would drink it if instructed. I know others from the years I was involved who would do the same thing. Maybe not everyone, but look at the recent upswing in "cleansing" of DAd and DFd they are doing.

Nothing would surprise me.

Sherry

• upside/down
    upside/down

I like what my "worldly" brother and one of my mature bible studies both said years apart from each other...

It's an old people's religion! (no offense to old people)

And I agree, finally...

u/d

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

In Jones Town, once the people were completely cut off from assistance, those who refused to drink were gunned down. It is the cutting off from society that makes any cult dangerous.

It will be interesting to see if the organizaton begins a campaign of *completely* cutting it's membership off from society in general... :(

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Fortunately, the WTBTS does not have anyone even close to a Jim Jones type character at the top anymore, and it is unlikely that anyone could become a "WT Jim Jones", given the structure of the organization already in place.

I can see them mainstreaming, or just fading away. All the assets and riches they've accumulated, begs for mainstreaming (how else will anyone get their hands on all that money?), but their lack of a central figurehead, relatively speaking (the GB is getting weaker and weaker as a figurehead by the day), argues for them struggling and finally fading away or splintering into small groups that do have strong figureheads (these groups could be seriously dangerous!).

Yep, when all is said and done, what Jehovah's Witnesses need even more than an armageddon, is a Pope of their very own :-D

• Quotes
    Quotes

IMO, if you want to know where WT came from, and where it is going, follow the money.

WT has three layers (like a crazy onion):

Layer (1) A printing and publishing company...

Layer (2) ...operating as a cult, using cult-like techniques and ...

Layer (3) ... cleverly disguised as a pseudo-Christian religion.

Most cults usually don't have a "deeper level of operation" (i.e. printing comany) the way the WT does. In other words, those other cults don't have Layer (1).

I posit that it is the presence of "Layer (1)" that (a) explains how cult-Tower survived the death of its founder; and (b) is the only thing preventing them from killing apostates, opposers, then drinking the kool-aid.

BTW, they *HAVE* thought about killing apostates. Notice how an innocent question about how to TREAT apostates is answered as if the real question was "should we kill them????" It is almost apologeticly saying, "DAMN, we can't kill them ANYMORE -- not like the good-old-days... but soon.... soon..."

(complete quotes available at http://quotes.watchtower.ca/DF_DA.htm

*** Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower pp.703-704 Questions from Readers ***
    Questions from Readers

? In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship??P.C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."?Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

~Quotes, of the "Wacko in Waco" class

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

quotes ... you're scaring me now. i never thought they actually said anything close to this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit