Re: the funeral that I did not want to go to today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by cindykp 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Cindy, do what makes you happy. Do what you think is right in your heart. Probably you are going through a rollercoaster of emotions right now. I understand.

I look up to you, not down.

I love Jehovah also, but was deceived by the Organization. Maybe one day I'll get over it....Maybe not...

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Cindy, you are a great part of our little online forum family here, and we will be there for you no matter what.

I'll be thinking of you, Cindy!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Good luck Cindy and I hope you find some reconcilliation with your family.

I'm not sure the 'one foot in, one foot out' policy works for very long as it gets increasingly difficult to lead the JW way of life if your heart isn't into it.

All the best anyway.

• vitty
    vitty

I know how you feel, ive just had friends over on holiday. They dont know were fading

It would be so much easier to be in the org instead of all this deciet

I still belive in Jehovah but not the org, its so hard, we got a phone call to tell us about the special talk and the memorial, it just feels so safe and comfortable I think I could easily go back but my husband wont.

Good luck

Keep posting!!!!!!!!!!

• cindykp
    cindykp

I will keep posting. I will come on every sunday about 11:45, "cause I wont be hangin around for conversation" , and tell you all about the wonderfull talk, and the Watchtower study! LOL yeah right. just kidding.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Glad to hear it went better than expected. It is truly amazing that so many spoke to you. At least they did the right thing!

• cindykp
    cindykp
    It is truly amazing that so many spoke to you. At least they did the right thing!

Yes they did. But what is strange, is that I was just told that none of the family could talk to me by my sister in law. She was the first one to talk to me and hug me. Soooooo I wonder if the whole family talked about this before the funeral. Maybe they all did it for encouragement for me to go back, I'm not sure. Or maybe its just allowed at things like funerals. (personal decision) What ever the reasoning, It felt great.

• Jez
    Jez

I wish I could do it, I wish I could just swallow everything that bothers me, and go get reinstated. It would make things so much better for my family. BUT I can't. I just can't live with things AFTER the reinstatement. I don't want to hide away my life, my 'pagan' holidays, going to church with my daughter sometimes, being open about my beliefs....generally, I just can't pretend anymore.

This week, I have lost another family member, someone I love unconditionally. I am just not willing to be disrespected, I am not willing to give up MY religious freedoms and what the f***, I am DONE, I am NOT going to accept conditional love.

I cannot have a relationship where the premise is that they are right and I am wrong. We will NEVER be equals. Even if I fade afterwards, it is 'poor her', 'she is weak', 'spiritually weak', 'she still celebrates the holidays'. HELL if they find out that I am not really a JW, I might get shunned again anyways.

Whats the point?

Jez

• wednesday
    wednesday

hopefully the WTs will not alter its dictates again, thereby making your family unable to talk to u. It happens all the time. Look out. U will need to progress in the org and they will need to feel u are sincere or u may find yourself shunned after all. The org is not tolerating in actives any longer.

weds

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good luck, cindykp. From personal experience, you will need help keeping the WT steamroller at bay. May I suggest a weekly dose of Blondie-study, to help sharpen your critical thinking?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/86754/1.ashx

Here's Blondie's guide on how to do your own WT Review.

Buzzwords/phrases

Examples:
    True Christians or God?s (Jehovah?s) people (servants) = only JWs
    Perhaps, likely, may, might, apparently, etc. = the Bible does not say and the WTS is speculating
    http://www.caicusa.org/jws/control/newspeak.htm

http://www.jwfiles.com/jw-words.htm

Snippets and/or partially quote scriptures or cited not quoted
    Used as proof with little or no development; note context; note that they string together scriptures without logical connecting development.

Outside quoted sources
    Complete?ellipses used? What is in that ellipses, what did they leave out? Do they name author, background as credible source, publication named with date printed and page number?

Is the scripture focus from the OT or the NT? Note that while an NT scripture may be used, OT examples are developed? Is this article for Christians or Israelites?

Is Jesus mentioned? How often and what role does he play in the article? After all, this is supposed to be for Christians.

Prophecy/Doctrine Do you know the past history of this teaching among JWs? This is important if you were a fairly new member.

• 1874 was taught as the year of Jesus? presence until 1943 (not 1914). Is this presented honestly in the article?
    • Did you know that the date was once 606 BCE not 607 BCE?
    • Did you know that 1878 was once taught as the last year people were called to heaven as the anointed?
    • Did you know that until 1970 the WTS taught that the great tribulation started in 1914 took a hiatus in 1918 to start up again at a future time?
    • What about flip-flop doctrines such as who the superior authorities are, whether a woman must scream if being raped, whether people who died at Sodom and Gomorrah would be resurrected, could a JW accept an organ transplant?.
    • What happened to the generation alive in 1914 that would see Armageddon come?
    • When did the WTS change their teaching that a creative day was 7,000 years long to "many thousand years," a teaching that 1975 was founded on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit