Re: the funeral that I did not want to go to today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by cindykp 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((((Cindy)))))

I'm sorry for your loss, and glad your JW family was mostly nice with you.

Your present decision sounds clearsighted, as you seem to understand exactly what you're doing (not looking for excuses like "they might be right after all"). As long as you maintain your freedom of thought and action and are honest with yourself (which doesn't rule out some social "role playing") you won't be hurt. I just hope they won't require more than that to remain nice with you in the long run.

Please keep in touch as you intend to, and take care.

• cindykp
    cindykp

• 1874 was taught as the year of Jesus? presence until 1943 (not 1914). Is this presented honestly in the article?
      • Did you know that the date was once 606 BCE not 607 BCE?
      • Did you know that 1878 was once taught as the last year people were called to heaven as the anointed?
      • Did you know that until 1970 the WTS taught that the great tribulation started in 1914 took a hiatus in 1918 to start up again at a future time?
      • What about flip-flop doctrines such as who the superior authorities are, whether a woman must scream if being raped, whether people who died at Sodom and Gomorrah would be resurrected, could a JW accept an organ transplant?.
      • What happened to the generation alive in 1914 that would see Armageddon come?
      • When did the WTS change their teaching that a creative day was 7,000 years long to "many thousand years," a teaching that 1975 was founded on?
      Hmm, well there are alot of things I remember, I was born as a witness, and left when I was 18. Back in 1985. Im sure there is soo much more that I have no clue about! But how much I really learned, and took in at that young of an age is probably slim.
  • cindykp
    cindykp

Oh, one other thing about the funeal that was a tad bit confusing to me. After it was over, "everyone" including us df'd people were invited to a brunch held a local place. Now, how can they eat with us? Maybe we would have had a whole table to ourselves. Or I guess we could have sat with the worldly people we knew. I didnt go.

• Es
    Es

heya cindy,

Wish you all the best. But dont you think family should be there for you no matter what? I have faded away, I sent my D/A letter about a month ago but it has been dismissed as they thought I was just getting back at my father(elder)....my dad has already told me if i leave the truth he wouldnt talk to me and would encourage my mum to do the same. this hurts as I have a 3 year old son there only grandchild. But as time has progressed, it actually feels a whole less stressful having my dad in my life. I still see my mum as I am not D/A as yet but I have told my father to leave me alone.

Being a parent now I can not understand how any parent could shun there child........isnt it supposed to be unconditional love

es

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

This makes no sense to me. I understand the guilt and pressure and blackmail ... I have lived through it all. But I cannot seem to rationalize in my mind why some choose to sacrifice their own personal integrity so that their famliy will talk to them! Talk about having a crisis of conscience!

My sister is doing the same thing, and has been for a couple of years now. She "went back" and has been living a double life ever since. I finally called her on it last year because she was trying to give me the same line of shit that she was giving my JW famlily. I wasn't going to rat her out or anything, but I was tired of her lying to me. She finally admitted to me that she only went back so she they would accept her back again. Now we don't ever mention it. I am not sure whether to be upset at her or at the organization(or my family) for putting her in that position to have to choose. I feel like she (and you) have to accept some responsibility because basically, you are agreeing to live a lie.

My sister decided that was best for her, as you must. I wish you the best in whatever you decide! Just make sure you can live with the consequences.

BTW ... I am sorry for your loss. Losing a loved is always difficult and creates an emotional charged atmosphere.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well Cindykp, I am glad that things at the memorial turned out to be more kind and loving than you expected.

As for your going back to the org., I will give the same advice.

Hold your head high and treat people as they ought to be treated.

When Questions arise, and they will, come visit us and the more scholerly ones here "not me" can give you a wealth of information.

Also, keep us posted as to how things go and the reactions of others as you attend the K dum hall.

Best wishes, Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit