Hey!

by purplesofa 46 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks sKally,

I never thought I would be thanking you for anything. Talking about someone that could disrupt an entire chatroom of JW's you could. We were all mush by the time we got rid of you!!!!!!

I am on page 122....and although I highlighted certain points.......this is when the little stars came out in the outside margins.

"How many favorable decisions would the Witnesses have recieved if the Supreme Court justices had not shown such judicious wisdom, such ability to see where the real issue lay, such concern for the individual? Their decisions were applauded in the Society's publications. Sadly, however, the high standards of judgment and the approach to emotionally charged issues shown by these judges often appered to be on a higher level than manifested in many Governing Body sessions. "

Man, if that don't get ya I don't know what will?

Love to all for taking the courage to make a stand and support each other and encourage others in the way you do.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Anyone with a purple sofa is all right with me!! I personally do not get too attached to my furniture...but if I had something like that...it would be hard to part with. It's nice to have stuff that is unusual and you don't see everywhere.

Welcome again!

Cathy L.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

ok done with chapter 5, Tradition and Legalism

Now I am getting pissed, Miss Nicey Nicey is going out the window

From the start of chapter 6.......Double Standards

Katy Bar the Door

• talesin
    talesin

prepare for meltdown, ps!

This chapter is really gonna make you steam.

t <------- for the Tower

• sf
    sf
    We were all mush by the time we got rid of you!!!!!!

Well, as I recall it, you NEVER got rid of me. The room eventually shut down after I basically annihilated the WTBTS in there with tons of links and verbatim pasting of said linkage.

It's nice to see you coming out of the fog sweetie. I think there a few here who were on that chatroom whom have come out of the haze. {Sure had fun back then}

sKally

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The word I got on the closing of JW chat at about.com was that over the years it was operating the room they had the most complaints ....from witnesses, about what was going on there. And the JW moderaters fought to keep it. They would win because the hits at JW site were of the highest.

I could be all wrong. I did feel like the information about the doctrone of what the witnesses believe was misrepresented at about.com. I don't think it was apostate just misrepresented out of ignorance.

There is a circle of us that have survived all the chatting changes online through the five years when we first met at about.com. I have met many from Australia and other countries. Many, many from the US.

It was the best place to be as anyone could be there and say anything they wanted. Nothing was censored. You sharpened your skills of defense and offense. I was mostly an observer when it came to warding off unwanted ones and think I only had the balls once to tangle with you. Probably licked my wounds a considerable amount of time afterwards.

But mostly it was a great deal of fun and I miss it from time to time. It really took a great deal of energy to be there. The chatting was fast and furious.

ciao

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

page 188 Middle of Chapter Predictions and Presumptions

I wish I had paid more attention to all this prophecy stuff.........It was all too cunfusing for me. After getting this far into the book my conscience is allowing me to skip Sunday meeting without guilt, to finish this book.

I have not read the daily text for awhile .......today's text is-

John 8:47 - He that is from God listens to the sayings of God.

I felt encouraged.

• sf
    sf
    I did feel like the information about the doctrone of what the witnesses believe was misrepresented at about.com.

Oh? Could you elaborate as to specifically which doctrines were misrepresented?

As you know, over the months more and more apostates entered there and more and more of the professed jws dwindled away. This was around the time Dateline finally aired, or was about to.

I've always been more about the dicovering and uncovering the corporate, financial and perhaps shady shenanigans of this organization. I rarely deal with the doctrinal issues. I always tended that to the likes of AlanF and some others that are much better at dismantling wt doctrine, by pasting their essays in the room.

All in all though, it was a great room. And it's nice to see a few of you here, coming out of the dark, so to speak.

sKally

• sf
    sf
    most complaints ....from witnesses, about what was going on there.

Glad to be of service. Hey, I had a lot of hate back then. Still do. Yet, I had a lot of fun too in exposing TheTruth about the WTBTS.

sKally

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Oh? Could you elaborate as to specifically which doctrines were misrepresented?

No, sorry I can't. It was a few years ago and it was not a priority. I just remember going to the site and reading some of it. It was nothing like what I have read since I have been here, but it seems like they just had some things wrong.....nothing was accusatorial. I have not been back there since shortly after they closed the chatroom. It could all be totally different now. I feel like I am giving a typical JW response......

A few others have approached me in pm that i knew from ohter jw sites.

Sometimes it's a small world.

I really am glad to have found this site. I will not go back to a KH. I just can't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit