Hey!

by purplesofa 46 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

Welcome to the board, purplesofa, and happy reading.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I had a lot of hate back then

oh, you could be downright nasty.

I remember talking to Lance one day about your approach. He said he talked to you about it and you seemed to simmer down some. We all thought you were on drugs. lol..........Since I worked all day I can remember getting the scoop at night about PB being in the room that day.

• sf
    sf

Well, I DID smoke a lot of weed back then, silly. Yet quite smoking it cold turkey about a year ago. Remember my other name there: BudlyBud?

It's been a long and winding road...still.

Take good care,sKally

• Quotes
    Quotes

purps said:

=============
    I am on Chapter 4 of the CoC book. My stomach turns and my head hurts.
    =============

Been there, done that, didn't get a t-shirt (they were sold out of t-shirts in my size). ;)

Seriously, I was physically ill for a couple of days when I read my first "apostate" book (i.e. first serious, itellectually honest analysis of Watchtowerism). For me, my first was Penton's "Apocalypse Delayed". By the time I got to CoC, the flu-like symptoms were gone, and it was more of a pissed-off feeling.

~Quotes, of the "Leaders are Readers" class

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    the flu-like symptoms were gone, and it was more of a pissed-off feeling.

Starting Chapter 10 and thats how I feel pissed off

I think I need to let the feelings come slow so they won't commit me to a hospitol.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have two chapters left to read of the CoC book. I hardly thought the book would make me cry, but the treatment of the people disfellowshipped was deeply sad. Rene's appeal letter was awesome.

The decisions making process the GB goes through is nothing different than decisions to axe people in corporation that don't agree 100% or to keep making the big bucks. It is very selfish and greedy.

The 8 points Franz brings out looking for scriptual backing should be read by every witness (page 330-331)

his response on page 326 to a Q from GB........."I believed that God had an organization on earth in the sense that He had a congregation on earth, the Christian congregation, a brotherhood." was moving for me.

Rene's comment to Ray 2 years afterwards, what a loving humble man on page 322 par 2

"If I had all to do over again I would be facing the same dilemma. I feel that so much good came from what I learned from the Scriptures, that it proved such a blessing to have things cleared up and brought me closer to God"

This statement, for me, makes all the crap worthwhile.

This guy Bonelli ratted people out. Read this. page 319

Albert Schroeder then expressed gratitude to Bonelli for his cooperation in testifying and counseled him to "keep himself spiritually srtong by attending the meetings regularly,"and added that if Bonellis heard any other information to come to them with it.

Ray's comment on truth......page 286

"I did not believe that truth had anything to fear from open discussion, any reason to hide from careful scrunity. Any teaching that had to be shielded from such investigation did not deserve to be upheld."

and page 274 last paragraph

Similarly, I did not object to "organization" in the sense of an orderly arrangement, for I understood the Christian congregation itself to involve such an orderly arrangement. But I believed that, whateever the arrangement, its purpose and function, its very existance was only as an aid for the brothers; it was there to service interests, not the other way around. Whatever the arrangement, it was to build men and women up so that they would not be spiritual babes, dependent on men or on an institutionalized system , but able to act as full-grown, mature Christians. I was not to train them to be simply conformists to a set of organizational rules and regulations, but to thlep the to become persons "having their perceptive powers trained to distinguish right and wrong."

Had to take a break, One emotionally can only digest so much.

• melmac
    melmac

Sofa, I assure you that your account of reading the book is greatly appreciated by us. Keep on!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I lost my virginity on an orange sofa

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I lost my virginity on an orange sofa

lol........I am getting to know you from your posts.......and I decided you are sex crazed!

the first night I had my sofa ......i sat my bare bum on it.....wanted to really feel that leather!!!!! Can't say that I ever had sex on it though..........Man...............hope the kids haven't!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Sofa, I assure you that your account of reading the book is greatly appreciated by us. Keep on!

Thanks ...........and will do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit