Hey!

by purplesofa 46 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just finished reading CoC. It will forever change my life.

The last two paragraphs of this book are worth writing down now.

"Life is a journey, ans we cannot make progress in it if out focus is mainly on where we have been; that could lead to emotional inertia or even spirtiual decline. What is done is done. Teh past is beyond our changing, but the present and future ar ething we can work with, focus on. The journey inevitably contains challenge, but we can find encouragement in knowing that we are moving on, making at least some progress, and can feel confident that what lies ahead can be fulfilling.

Whatever our individual circumstances may have been, we can each put confidence in the truth of these words of the apostle, "We know that by turning everything to thier good God cooperates with all those who love him." (Romans 8:28, JB) By holding to conscience and staying true to our Head, God's Son, we suffer to lasting loss, but do gain that which is of immense and enduring value. Assured of that, we can feel as did the apostle:

Whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.....one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of upward call of God in Christ Jesus.---Phillipians 3:7, 13, 14.

I would like to take this time to thank four special people from this forum:

Big Dog

IP_SEC

sKally

theotherside

ithinkisee (early posts inspired me.)have not had time to read recent ones.

Thanks for all who give of themselves and for the great comic relief found here in a time of turmoil within myself with my religion. I hope to be able to read all the posts I have bookmarked while trying to heal these last few weeks. And I look forward to getting to know you all better, a most couragious and loving people you are, true lovers of the truth.

I have got to clean my house and lose this KaZillion pounds I gained glued to the computer and reading this book..............ps, In Search of Christian Freedom is next.

• Golf
    Golf

PS, greetings and welcome.

Golf

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I would like to take this time to thank four special people from this forum

ummmmmmmmm i know i listed Five.......but one is a Dog!!!!

• theotherside
    theotherside

40 yrs old , Twins in college, self employed, recently relocated makes it hard 4 me 2 post at this site much but if anybody can make me visit its Purple. I used 2 post a couple years ago as the Pretender as I was still in as an elder and can relate 2 what Purplesofa is going through. She is the best online friend you will find. Always concerned about everybody. So good 2 see a person having the chance 2 see what we devoted most of our lives 2 and being given the chance to see it 4 what it really is. I dont believe anyone has shared thier journey like she has and it touches my heart 2 see it. Anyone who is true 2 heart winds up at this point and what a change in life it brings. Best of wishes always 2 a Friend

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

{{{{{{{{{{{(((((((((((((theotherside))))))))}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• sf
    sf

{{{ BIG PURPLE HUG }}}

You are welcomed lady.

It really warms the cockles of my heart to WITNESS your progress in freeing your mind, body and soul from the grips of the evilness of the Watchtower Fraud.

Take good care, sKally

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Purplesofa.............

Welcome to "This Wonderful Life"

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit