GREAT TO BE FREE

by Dansk 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All,

It's a little over a year now (2 years last February) that my family and I left Watchtower and I can't begin to tell you how wonderful life has been!

OK, I'm saddled with a serious illness at present and enough has been said about it, but I'd just like to focus on how much a family can really grow once it has been freed from Watchtower's yoke. Not only are my wife, two sons and I closer than ever, there is real honest laughter back in the house - which has become a real home! My two sons are fast growing up and last Tuesday Karl, the older son (20), took himself off to Milan for the day. He went to watch Manchester United play AC Milan in the San Siro and even though his team lost the match 1-0 he said he thoroughly enjoyed himself. He strolled around Milan during the day until it was time to watch the soccer match in the evening and then caught the flight back home to Manchester. Karl is doing everything I would love to have done at his age, but didn't have the guts or the money to do.

Dominic (15), also, is revelling in his freedom. He, too, follows Manchester United and regularly accompanies Karl to home matches. He also spends an hour a day at the gym and is fast becoming a strong young man.

Claire and I are just happy that they are both happy. Claire loves to read, going to the gym, doing yoga and walking the dogs, while I love to study and practice Buddhism and listen to New Age music, which is so soothing and relaxing.

We currently have the builders here as the house is in need of much alteration. It was previously owned by an elderly widow and, as you can imagine, much renovation needed undertaking when we first moved in and is still ongoing.

Claire and Dominic have also been to the theatre a couple of times and, of course, Saturday mornings are now taken up with shopping and gardening, or doing other normal things we never had time for under Watchtower. And being able to have a lie-in is a real blessing I realise what overly-zealous nuts we used to be, never missing field misery or meetings and always volunteering to help out with any KH work. No wonder we were always shattered and we now realise it is another of Watchtower's ways of keeping people under control. If one is constantly busy doing JW work there's no time for other things.

The greatest happening of all, however, is the amount of true friends that are now in our lives. They take us for what we are, warts and all! That includes you dear people here who have helped our exit be one of ease. Thank you so much!!

Just thought I'd let you all know and, hopefully, encourage others recently out or trying to exit that there really is a wonderful life after Watchtower.

Love to all,

Ian & Claire

XX

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Wonderful!

*shaking head at how we used to pity the "worldly" people. but we were the fools"

Enjoy!

• minimus
    minimus

GREAT POST!!!! Thank you!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ian,

I heartily agree. This is the kind of post I just love to read.

There is so much living to be done during our short life. Getting off the Watchtower treadmill (activity that leads nowhere) is only the first step. The important step is filling the void with important and life-affirming activity. And what can be more important than time spent with our loved ones?

It's great to have a common place like this discussion board where we can come and show how great life can really be once we stop serving men.

When JW's die without seeing the promised new order, how many of them will say on their deathbed "I wish I had spent more time out in the field ministry"?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yes Ian, it is great to be free and enjoy life. Nice to hear from you.

cj

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Nice post, Ian.

As ever, your heart shines through.

You and your family are in everybody's thoughts.

Take care,

Didier

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Nice post Ian. Its so great to hear that you and your family live such an active lifestyle!

GBL

• Englishman
    Englishman

Excellent post.

Now..this Manchester United fixation, does Simon know about this?

Englishman.

• amen
    amen

Yes, indeed, it is great to be free.

I will never trade my freedom to any religion. Yes, Jesus was right '' the truth will set you free ''. That's the kind of freedom he wanted for his followers. Not to follow man made rules.

amen

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Wonderful to hear. Brings warmth to my heart and a smile to my face. FREEDOM ! ! !

Love, peace and joy

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit