I crashed my car

by Vivamus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Last Wednesday was an ordinary workday for me. With one exception, my employer, Vodafone, had organised a Sales Challenge party in Bussum, that?s between Hilversum and Amsterdam. As a consequence, our shop closed at 4 PM.

After we had changed, put on make-up, gazed in the mirror for many minutes admiring our own beauty, lol. We got in the car and began the long ride to Bussum.

The party was fun, even the mandatory speech by out new director was (as far as speeches go) fun, food was good, and the company as well.

Around 11.30, my colleagues pleaded with me to leave, since they had to start early the next day. I was lucky, since I had the day off, and could have made it as late as I pleased. But, understanding their desire to leave, we got in the car, and started the long ride back home.

Only that didn?t quit turn out as planned. After about 20 minutes on the highway, I lost control of my car, it began slipping, and spinning, and I had no frigging idea how to get it back under my control. I swear, spinning on the highway with enormous speed is not a thing you want your car to do. Of the entire experience I can only remember one thing very clearly. When I saw the crash barrier I thought ?thank god, at least the car will stop moving, and it will be over?. I don?t even remember feeling the crash itself.

My colleagues, thank all the gods in heaven and above, are all right, the only damage done was done to the car and to our shattered nerves.

My boyfriend came as soon as I phoned him (which was as soon as I got to the safety barrier) to pick us up. As I was talking to him on the phone, the cops told me it wasn?t necessary for him to come.

Cop: Its not necessary for him to come, it will take him more than an hour, transportation will be arranged by the insurance company

Me to boyfriend, stammering and teeth rattling: It?s not necessary for you to come tells the police man

Boyfriend: Do you want me to come?

Me: Yes

Boyfriend: So, I am coming, already on my way to you

And imagine that happening about three times, cuz everyone kept telling me it wasn?t necessary, and I felt rather at a loss as to what needed to be done. All I could think of was wanting to see him.

After bringing my colleagues home, we first went to my mum, who needed to see I was alright with her own eyes. After that we finally went home and enjoyed me being still alive

Right now I am waiting for the tow-company to bring my car back home, to the garage. It will most likely be diagnosed as a total loss.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

(((Viv))) I'm glad you and your friends are alright. Car accidents are awful, especially at high speeds. You are very fortunate that there were no injuries. And the car, well, I'm sure it could be a lot worse.

Kwin

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sad news, Viv

Glad you're OK though.

A bit of a bummer, ain't it? Such a lovely car too.

I understand that there's a lot of slipping and sliding round your way this week with that weather! Oh, the weather!

Mrs Ozzie says Hi!

Cheers, Ozzie

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Sorry about your car but glad you and your passengers are all okay....car wrecks are never fun, totalled one or two myself over the years, but they can certainly remind us just how happy we are to still be around to complain about the repair or insurance bill.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Glad you are okay Vivamus! Sounds really scary. Was the car totalled?

I completely understand you wanting your boyfriend - its not because its necessary in a practical sense - its necessary in a physical and emotional sense!

I still want my mum when I get really sick, but I know she would only put down the phone if she heard it was me.

PS - Sounds like you have a lovely b/f, and mum!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Not only did I need to see you with my own eyes, I wanted to know HOW this did happen. Only yesterday I understood that you must have hit an icy spot on the road since there was a brine sprinkler there (and at home it was'nt freezing at all).

I am so glad that none of you was hurt (except your pride).

The car maybe history, but the insurance is covering all damage.

Mum

• Gill
    Gill

Glad you're all right Vivamus!

• clementine
    clementine

glad you're ok, it must have been so scary!!

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

Vivamus,

I'm so sorry you and your passengers had to experience something this frightening. Thank God none of you were hurt or worse....

As for the possible loss of your car, you can always get another one. Fortunately, you have coverage with your car insurance. This usually goes a long way toward helping you address that situation.

I'm glad everyone is O.K.!

Love/Peace/Respect

• JH
    JH

Women drivers

I'm glad that you're OK Viv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit