Just sitting here thinking of Mulan and Big Red

by ozziepost 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

We're thinking of you guys. (((Marilyn, Dave and family)))

• gespro
    gespro

[[[Mulan]]]

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just caught this. I wish you and your mom peace, Marilyn (and Dave and Rachel, Steve, and family).

• prophecor
    prophecor

Dear Marilyn & Dave, though I haven't shared with you, I hope that time will oneday make all that you are going thru easier. It pains me to know that those you love most, may soon no longer be here.

I struggle with my own mother's eventuality oneday and just wrote a thread about telling the ones you love, I love you, right now while you still have the opportunity.

I know when she departs this life, if it is that she goes first, then, I will truly be alone in this world.

So destructive is it, the shunning and I feel for anyone who cannot share with their family, especially if circumstances like yours are what they are experiencing.

I wish you courage in your moments of dispair. God be with you and your entire family.

Arthur

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

My love to Mulan, Big Red, Princess, Steve and all the rest of the family.

Jankyn

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Marilyn and Dave))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your momma. I can't imagine how you could ever be prepared for this. You are in our prayers.

Love,

Andi and Neil

• Princess
    Princess

I just wanted to bring this back up. I went to the hospital this morning to take my grandma pictures of my kids and some drawings they made since they can't visit her. No children or anyone with a compromised immune system are allowed. The rest of us have to gown up and wear gloves when we visit.

The doctor was there and he laid it all out for my grandma. Told her she wasn't going to survive this and she needed to decide whether she wanted to continue with treatment and prolong it or go into hospice care. While she did say that she doesn't want to continue to live this way, she told mom she wasn't going to make that decision so it's another thing that weighs heavily on my mom. My mom really is feeling like most of this is falling on her. I think she's right and wish my uncle lived closer or would just come and stay for awhile. He's about a 90 minute drive from here and has just wrecked his only means of transportation.

So, my point in writing is to give a little update and encourage your continued love and support of my mom. She's having a difficult time dealing with watching her mother die and having to make so many decisions regarding her care and ultimately, her death.

Thank you for your kind comments,
    Rachel

• FMZ
    FMZ

Rachel, our thoughts are with you and the family.

FMZ

• prophecor
  • wasasister
    wasasister

Mulan, Princess and families:

No matter how much you prepare for something like this, it still hits you hard. Just been through something similar myself.

There just are no magic words, other than to let you know we care and are thinking of you. Please take care of yourself, too. It's easy to forget about your own health when dealing with an ill loved-one.

Hugs,

Wasa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit