A JW Biography of AlanF

by AlanF 88 Replies latest members private

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Great, enjoyable, readable write-up Alan!

Just as I was getting into the organization, they printed a Watchtower changing that "physical heart is the seat of emotions" nonsense. I asked my study conductor (an elder), "Why would they need to print something like that? What idiot thinks that the heart is a pseudo-brain?" He gave me basically the same bit that the Aid book said, about the guy that had a heart transplant, then didn't love his family anymore. He told me that it was a significant change. He was visibly bothered by it.

If only I'd taken the hint that fate gave me that day! :-(

Dave

• Poztate
    Poztate
    "Why would they need to print something like that? What idiot thinks that the heart is a pseudo-brain?"

That would be me. You had to be an idiot to believe that stuff but I and millions like me swallowed it down and were thankful for this spiritual food at the proper time. We were trained not to think for ourselves and we did a good job of it.

• seven006
    seven006

***Hunter Thompson. ***

HS,

Not even close pal, that's really me. Mean looking old son of a bitch ain't I?

Dave

• jukief
    jukief

That's Dave, all right. I can vouch for it, since I've seen his ugly old mug many, many times. :-)

• upside/down
    upside/down

Sadly the WTS "clean up crew" has done a good job of editing or eliminating most of this "old light", as I never heard of it, till recently. And I was a well read Dub. How could I miss this stuff, or maybe I just ignored it as I did so much of the BS I observed- kind of a coping mechanism.

u/d (of the formerly naive class)

• seven006
    seven006

***As for you, Dave, I'll come over there and knock you down and sit on you! You'll be begging for mercy in no time. ***

Julie,
    Id rather eat the hummus.

Next time I talk to you on the phone remind me to tell you about the last time Alan and I talked on the phone. I played a joke on him and he fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I still laugh my ass off every time I think about it....Damn, now that I think about it again, I never did tell him it was a joke.

Either he's getting even easier, or, I'm just damn good.

Big hug woman,

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

July,

My mug was good enough fo yo mama!

Dave

• Valis
    Valis
    Either he's getting even easier, or, I'm just damn good.

yes and no..

• seven006
    seven006

Valis,

Don't you have a banana to peel?

Dave

• JW83
    JW83

AlanF, great post! Thanks for taking the time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit