Soft drink damage

by MegaDude 29 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

Pop is from the Devil the Satan! Grey Goose dirty dirty martini's however come from heaven.

In SoCal growing up we called all soda pop "Coke". Never heard it called "pop" till I moved to Iowa. Then one summer these bro's from Massachusettes came to help us work our territory and they called "pop" "tonic".

I like "pop", have at most one per day, and drink tons of milk to boot!

u/d

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks for the info Makena - although I guess I knew this already. I do work on a strict abstinence 3 days out of 7 though and I do eat plenty of calcium rich foods so that should help dem bones of mine. And despite several "trips" of the inebriated variety and just through me generally being a bit of a clumsy girl, I guess I must be so relaxed that I have never broken any bones.

Interesting stuff, thanks again.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Bombay Saphire

*sigh*

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I had always been a big Coke drinker. I slowed down about a year or so ago and impressed with how much better I feel. When I have a coffee or coke now, it makes me shaky. I'd rather have decaf tea or lemon water now. Being tiny and Asian, I already have a larger chance of getting osteoporosis anyways - don't want to increase the odds if I don't have to.

• catchthis
    catchthis

How about the other uses for Coke? Someone already mentioned how meat dissolves in Coke...Did you ever do the experiment with a nail? Coke will eat right through it. Its uses as a cleaner are remarkable. Pour a little over your car battery terminals to get rid of the acid build up. Pour some on your garage floor, scrub a little, and then mop it up. Does wonders. I'll drink a 12oz soda maybe once a week. My main drinks are: water, [iced]tea made with Celestial Seasonings - not Lipton, wine, beer, and homemade mojitos.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Nothing is particularly 'bad' or 'good' for us, as long as we eat/drink in moderation. Even things that are supposed to be healthy can do a number on your body, when used in excess. For a while, I was addicted to spinach. I ate it every day, (sometimes twice a day) for about 2 years. Eventually, my over indulgence with spinach caused kidney stones.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    How about the other uses for Coke? Someone already mentioned how meat dissolves in Coke...Did you ever do the experiment with a nail? Coke will eat right through it. Its uses as a cleaner are remarkable. Pour a little over your car battery terminals to get rid of the acid build up. Pour some on your garage floor, scrub a little, and then mop it up. Does wonders. I'll drink a 12oz soda maybe once a week. My main drinks are: water, [iced]tea made with Celestial Seasonings - not Lipton, wine, beer, and homemade mojitos.

Phosphoric acid rapidly cleans things up. I know that some cops who attend highway accidents use coke to clean up the blood and guts left behind (at least that's what my old sci. prof. said).

• the_classicist
  • Mac
    Mac
    Eventually, my over indulgence with spinach caused kidney stones.

Same thing happened to my hero Popeye...

He decided to seek a natural cure and began eating lemons and Olive Oyl !!!

mac

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ... I'm a serious addict !!! 3 litres a day !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit