Related to Anyone Famous?

by the_classicist 47 Replies latest jw friends

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

rwagner's post go me thinking. Are any of your ancestors famous?

The only famous one I can think of is Sir Robert Peel, I'm not too sure what he did. Then there's someone named Lady Burke, but I don't think she did anything important. Apparently one side of my family owned the Yorkshire Wollen Mills for a while, I'm not sure why that's important either. But on my dad's side, his family has been traced to MacDuff, Thane of Fife (really).

Also, I've a friend who's like 760th in line for the English throne, she doesn't seem to care too much.

How 'bout you?

PS. Rest of my family is dirt poor Irish. Oh wait, my great grandfather was an Irish revolutionary, if that counts.

• Valis
    Valis

My mom's side of the family traces to the Scottish poet Robert Burns, but I got nothin else...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer "This And A That" class

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sir Robert Peel only started the Police force in Britain however many hundred years ago! Policemen are still called Bobbies in parts of the country after Sir Bobby Peel. Thats a fine bit of history to have in your ancestry!

• Pleasuredome
  • GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm a cousin of Shannon Tweed, that chick that ended up marrying that guy from KISS.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

6th cousin to Don Johnson, the actor.

Ancestor Pearson came over with Wm. Penn's first voyage to Pennsylvania, and had purchased a tract of land in Philly from Penn whilst in London.

That's all I'm aware of.

edited to add: Oh yeah, my Wood ancestor (not Woods) along with Johnson and Clinton were the first white settlers in the Ozarks. Clinton is ancestor of the family that adopted President Bill.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Hulk Hogan was in my cousin Brian Blair's wedding. My cousin is a pro wrestler...one of the "killer bees"

• upside/down
    upside/down

Is the mailman famous?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

You know the guy who went to every Packer Game and missed only like 8 games his whole life(packer fans will know he is) That is my great uncle.

Brooke

• pratt1
    pratt1

My cousins were in a disco group called Skyy. Some of you might remember this group. They had a hit song called "Call Me".

They are ex Dubs as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit