Thank you...

by Garrett 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Garrett
    Garrett

Hello everyone,

Some of you may have seen my previous post regarding my concerns with leaving the organization.

So many of you responded and were so kind and helpful, that is was rather overwhelming. I didn't expect so many responses. A lot of you also provided links to research as well as some books to read. I started crisis of a conscience yesterday and boy must I say, it's been eye opening.

I have not disassociated myself but I have completely cut off all ties to the organization. I've changed my phone number, email address and social media. I feel free and my depression has actually gotten much better. I think it was caused by my living a life that I did not agree with.

So, I wanted to say thank you to all those that responded and were kind enough to help me make this huge decision in my life.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Excellent man. 

It's liberating to know The Truth About The Truth.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Garrett: I feel free and my depression has actually gotten much better.

That is the experience of most that leave.

Good for you, and welcome to the rest of your life!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Congrats on your new freedom and good luck with the beginning of the rest of your life!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If one of them bumps into you or rings your bell, you could even say "Garret?  NO!!  You've mistaken me for someone else."

Well, whatever lifts your spirits.  Congratulations on your decisions to improve your mood.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Big hugs 

(((((((((((((((((*)))))))))))))))))))

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I feel free and my depression has actually gotten much better. I think it was caused by my living a life that I did not agree with.

Garrett:

For me, I suffered EXTREME cognitive dissonance after EVERY meeting.

Meetings with elders had discussions whereby, we are told that, after every meeting and after every field ministry outing. "Do you not feel better after?" and I would say No, I felt worse.

Here's to your success in facing the real world - instead of living in the WTS fantasy.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Congrats on your new freedom
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Just keep moving forward, don't look back. Your life will be rewarding and fulfilling without the influence of the cult if you maintain a positive, goal driven attitude. Congratulations on your decisions so far.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Hang in there, it gets better; it is best if you can avoid going to any meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit