Apostates, Hatred for the Org, leaving JWD

by wanderlustguy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• heatherg
    heatherg

Wander, I'm so glad that you started this thread. This forum really is a place to feel loved and "at home". All of us have a common bond, we've come to our senses, and have been shunned for it. But on here we can talk and express ourselves, and sometimes even be healed from things that have burned us before. Until I found this site through a friend, I felt very alone. Now I know that I'm not, and it's so great to have all of you! hg

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Wanderlust...........that was fervently, and eloquently put, and I, for one, am happy to count the many people here as acquaintances and friends.........This IS a great group of very freeminded and creative people, very witty and quick thinking and I enjoy the association immensely. We ARE caring, and I have seen other instances, in the past, where someone who was feeling suicidal, and posted a grim message was sought out by someone from the board and was consoled and comforted. While I no longer believe or follow the Bible in my life, I often think of the scripture that was wielded by JW's which said "if they were of our sort, they would have remained with us".........I think of this scripture and take comfort that I was NOT of the sort that felt like I fitted in with the rank and file JW's. I can add my own personal experience to yours, WL. Although my father was NOT a JW, that made my mom and me and my sister "orphans" according to the Bible. Yet, the congregation made little effort beyond one or two elders who listened to my mom tell them about the physical abuse she was dealing with from my drunken father, and their only comments were that "she had no scriptural basis for divorce or separation, and had to stay with him". When things got really bad, one lone sister, dubbed by the rank and file as whacky and weak, took us in so we could be safe and have a place to stay..........those were horrible times and I still bear the scars on my psyche from them.........but, I also gained much in compassion and empathy for others. Thanks, WL for this wonderful post. I heartily concur with you. Hugs, Terri

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    maybe they just aren?t ready for the truth about the truth?yet

Unfortunately I have been "thumped" very badly by ex-JW born-againers who cannot (will not) accept a different opinion than their own, who cannot have a converstion without spouting scripture. They have merely replaced one narrrowminded thinking with another; unable to think for themselves. I am grateful this place is not like that, or I would have been long gone....

WLG, what a beautiful post! Thank you. I have found very compassionate and loving people here. I have found friends, people I have met in person, or on the phone. People I intend on visiting when I get the opportunity to travel in their area. I've been on other forums and chat rooms for many, many years, and have never encountered a place like this!

Hugs to all of you awesome people. Those who are far along in their healing, and those who are new to it.

Bren

PS Max says "Maou"

• Sassy
    Sassy

Great points in your posts Wander.. I so agree..

• upside/down
    upside/down
    That?s the difference. WE are those who really care about others enough to love them as they are. WE are the people that had a conscience of our own enough to know we could not lie anymore. WE are the ones who made the stand against our families and friends, walking away from the only support system some of us ever had. Are we filled with hate for the org? Almost anyone who really does research on the postings here will probably answer yes, but the people that dig deep will see the hatred is for lies, deceit, and false concern is paramount. How many times did we get the fake smile and the ?I?ve been wondering about how you were?, when the person saying it had to drive past your house every day to get to and from work? I remember it now from when I was a kid, we were living on peanut butter sandwiches and Kool Aid, huddled in one room of our house because we couldn?t afford to heat anything more, while our father in good standing was blowing money right and left on his 13 year old girlfriend. Hell, they always went on and on about how I needed to be like my dad ?the great man? Do I hate the org for that? No. But I refuse to be a part of an organization that PERPETUATES the mentality that forces people to ignore fact. Truth is truth and there is NO SUCH THING AS NEW LIGHT!

2 Thess. 1: 4-5 never forget that JWD is a "congregation" in the truest sense! The "God" of the Dubs doesn't take kindly to those that persecute- there will be an accounting.

What's funny is that it's not US that changed... we are still true Dubs (Beoreans) still asking, testing, naking sure. They just like to turn on the ability to think long enough to be under their control. Then conveniently expect you to turn off your brain and conscience and abdicate you will to the FDS... too bad that isn't in the first chapter of the "knowledge" book!

u/d (of the Never Again! class)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Some apologists are here because they have their own doubts, even though they don't want to admit it. When they post aggressively, I think they are really talking to themselves, to their own doubts trying to force that nagging little voice to go away. I also think deep down they know they've made the wrong choice but as we all know it is very hard to leave that sect. And so they stay and go to meetings, but lurk/post here and so are caught in between the two sides.

Those that leave I think are the ones whose doubts grew while here and they can't handle staying. To leave the organization is more frightening and more difficult than to stay and try to keep that little internal voice quiet. The fact that so many times there are posts that will include phrases such as "you know the Society is right" or "you know this site is lying" shows that they have no defenses. Such phrases are almost a mantra to be spoken over and over to try to will their doubts away. Those that post a goodbye thread are just being passive aggressive, attempting to take their frustration out on the board.

Chris

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

AA said:

When you talk to 30 JWs, you get 30 copies of the "current understanding".

True, unless it's a question about current blood transfusion policy.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Some great points there !This is a good place to talk and tho i am a part time JW apologist i hate it when these People come on for no good reason other than to stir and cause trouble.

They really cant have anything better to do imo.

Incidentally,what was the outcome of the post about someone possibly committing suicide?I read it earlier and was quite disturbed,but i cant find the thread?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Where were they when the brother giving the talk on R rated movies was sitting in the floor watching Aliens with me the night before, then denied it to my face when I asked him how he could be hypocritical?

My ex always called two faced bastards like that 'spiritually mature'. If she only knew the facts instead of sticking her pretty little blonde head back in another Witch Tower magazine she would be free today.

Most of us like the individual dubs and despise the Governing Body for killing them spiritually.

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

I wholeheartedly agree, WLG. As I said yesterday, the WTS dehumanizes people - I could never be a part of that. The last time I was lectured about apostates in particular, I gave back an earful. Apostate is a dehumanizing label designed to discredit - nothing more. I for one think you are all tremendously courageous - I've seen firsthand how DA/DF people are treated - it takes courage and heart to stand up for yourself and maintain your integrity.

As a sidenote, in another thread someone mentioned the JWs use of the word "ones" - in most situations where that word is used, the average "worldly" person would use the word "people" or "person". "Ones" is just another dehumanizing label, no matter its context. Heaven forbid anyone is thought of as a thinking, feeling person.

JMHO ...

::hugs:: WLG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit