Apostates, Hatred for the Org, leaving JWD

by wanderlustguy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I'm going to post this on the other thread too, but anyone who thikns this site is full of hate needs to read this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/80403/1.ashx, the vigil for Dansk threads, and many others.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Many of us left the WTBS because of the Lack of Love.

Even though this forum gets pretty wild at times, at least it's a place when people can come and be honest about themselves and others without condemnation. I like that.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Wanderlustguy, I salute you.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

For more than three have been a daily observer of this site and an occasional contributor. While I am aware that occasionally there are personal issues between posters, I just don't get involved. And thus, am not affected.

What I do pay attention to is the genuine understanding and thoughtfulness of contributors. There is nothing like reading a post and have it trigger an emotion that may have been repressed for years.

While the society would like to think that this site is full of hate, the reality is that they have to be scared to death. If and when the society crumbles, this site will be the reason why.

• metfan012
    metfan012

Hi, I am a new member here. I am not sure what this site is. Is it those that hate the witnesses? or just those that have left the faith? anyway, I am disfellowshipped and obviously not as smart as most here for I have alot of questions.

I believe the reason I was disfellowshipped was because of my own actions. On the one hand someone here expressed anger at a Witness doing something bad and then the elders turned right around and forgave him, let him stay. On the other hand, some are angry because they did something and were disfellowshipped. Which way is it supposed to be? Is one to be forgiven or not? On one hand, anger is shown if the Witnesses forgive, and on the other, anger is shown if the Witnesses don't forgive. Can someone help me with this?

Also, when I first studied, no one and I mean no one forced me to study. I wanted to because I was interested in learning about bible truths, like Elisha ben Abuyah, the character in As A Driven Leaf said...is there a right way to live? anyway...I don't think anyone twisted anyone's arm to join...one must do so of their own free will. That is my experience. It may be diff. for ppl raised in the truth. So i dont understand why some here say they were brainwashed. I never felt that. I was encouraged to make up my own mind. and the things I learned made logical sense, finally! I don't mean to offend anyone, I just am trying to understand everyone's point of view.

thanks, metfan

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

metfan (you poor soul you hehe),

this site is whatever you want it to be. that's the beauty of JWD, it's very diverse. I just wish my posting wasn't limited all the time. ;)

you wanna see rough and tumble exjw boards... well, you know where to find them. This place is like paradise in comparison. (no I'm not performing fellatio on simon, please don't flame me)

may I add in edit that there are a lot of hurt feelings from what elders or other JWs did to some poor souls here. That wasn't really the case with most of us though; we might relate a story that's relevant to the thread, but most of us quit being JWs because we couldn't concienciously support the teachings of the Watchtower any longer. Welcome to the board, new friend. :)

• kid-A
    kid-A

Amen, WLG!!

I have also seen several watchtower apologists storm off the board in a huff about how filled with hate we all are. What a bloody joke....these are the same people who would not think twice about "shunning" their own child for having a mind of their own, or letting their child die because they have been brainwashed by these rubes about refusing blood transfusions. I have also never seen a single WT apologist contribute to a thread in the aim of helping somebody....why bother, since we are all the spawn of satan anyways? LOL. All they seem capable of is regurgitating WTS propaganda or playing trolls in order to piss people off.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome metfan012, You wrote:

I don't think anyone twisted anyone's arm to join...one must do so of their own free will.

I was raised by Witness parents. My arm was twisted. I was pinched, poked, slapped, beaten with fly swatters and yardsticks in the name of god. I was forced to attend meetings and fundraising 5 days a week all my life from age 7 to 18. I had no choice about supporting the Witness life until I was 18.
    From 18 till age 30 I was a fringe Witness willingly. I didn't like the Witness life or many of the Witness people but Witnessism was my core belief. It was a conflicted time.
    I wasn't brainwashed, I was educated and conditioned by repetition. Unfortunately the repetition was repetition of threats, superstitions, and religious Apocalyptic speculation. My childhood was one of anxiety and abuse caused by Jehovah's Witnesses. I had lots of company. I saw lots of children badly abused. Much of the abuse happened right at the group meetings. Members who abused children were favored members in the 50's. It was a terrible thing to experience. I still have a minor anxiety attack when a child screams and I'm 61 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit