Apostates, Hatred for the Org, leaving JWD

by wanderlustguy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Yesterday I watched a thread grow so fast it was insane. That thread wasn?t about how bad the society was, it wasn?t about sex or drugs, it was what we thought could have been someone committing suicide, saying they had enough?life sucks and then....

Then today I read a second posting of someone who has done an exhaustive study on the postings found within JWD (actually only the tame ones that are from people leaning more pro Org than against) and determined what a hate filled sack of pus this place is. It really does grate on my nerves since I find so much solace here. I even introduced someone who is not in any way affiliated with religion of any kind, and her response to me has been overwhelmingly positive. She feels that the board contains a wealth of caring and compassionate people with a common bond. And she is right.

I didn?t see a single post from dostprefer on the ?suicide thread? yesterday, nor do I ever really see anything encouraging from those that are pro-org. I can?t even remember having read a genuinely caring phrase or real encouragement outside of: ?you should go to your elders? from a pro-org poster, can anyone else? It was an evil apostate who finally found out for the massive group of people that were worried if the poster was ok. What if we were in the org? Would there even have been a phone call at all?

That?s the difference. WE are those who really care about others enough to love them as they are. WE are the people that had a conscience of our own enough to know we could not lie anymore. WE are the ones who made the stand against our families and friends, walking away from the only support system some of us ever had. Are we filled with hate for the org? Almost anyone who really does research on the postings here will probably answer yes, but the people that dig deep will see the hatred is for lies, deceit, and false concern is paramount. How many times did we get the fake smile and the ?I?ve been wondering about how you were?, when the person saying it had to drive past your house every day to get to and from work? I remember it now from when I was a kid, we were living on peanut butter sandwiches and Kool Aid, huddled in one room of our house because we couldn?t afford to heat anything more, while our father in good standing was blowing money right and left on his 13 year old girlfriend. Hell, they always went on and on about how I needed to be like my dad ?the great man? Do I hate the org for that? No. But I refuse to be a part of an organization that PERPETUATES the mentality that forces people to ignore fact. Truth is truth and there is NO SUCH THING AS NEW LIGHT!

So as they say goodbye and tell us about how we are so full of hate, I would ask them where were they when my brother and I were in a hotel room while our father was next door having sex with some woman, and the next day we were at the hall? Where were they when I was told that day I should have more respect for him and follow his example? Where were they when the brother giving the talk on R rated movies was sitting in the floor watching Aliens with me the night before, then denied it to my face when I asked him how he could be hypocritical? Where were you who claim I have no claim when I saw an entire congregation embrace the 18 year old girl my father eventually married because she was pregnant, fully reinstating him within weeks of their marriage. Where were they when the whole world turned their back on my mother because she left a pedophile.

I guess what I?m trying to say is I?m proud of what this site is about, I?m a better person today because I found it. If someone thinks the people here are evil liars and decide to leave with a few parting shots?maybe they just aren?t ready for the truth about the truth?yet.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I, too, am amazed when people come to forums and then complain when people say things they disagree with. If I'm not mistaken, forums were started by the ancient Greeks for the purpose of sharing different ideas and debating philosophies. Isn't that why we're all here? As long as people can remain calm and polite, they shouldn't be alarmed when people say something they themselves don't believe.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Wanderlust... thanks for reminding me of what JWD is all about mate.

It's a beautiful place.

FMZ

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I totally agree with you.

Yes JWD can get pretty ugly at times, but for the most part I have found this place to be a healing process, time to help others, there are definitely some threads here that will trigger something from your past and bring it forward, but it makes you deal with it in another way and maybe put that hurt away for good.

I posted on a thread last week on CYP's thread with respect to the extended family I lost due to my being raised a jw and how I miss them. My husband read that post of mine and when he came home asked me why I never shared that with him. I told him that I never thought it really mattered, or that it bothered me, but that day it was like a light came on and I had to share and get that off my chest.

So to the pro-org posters and lurkers, I really have no use for your lame comments, your a waste of my time. You come here to stir up the pot and get our anger going.

cj

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Wanderlust you have had such a shi**y time, you poor thing. I just wanted to second what you said about teh difference between the genuine warmth and love found here. Noone has to tell us five times a week from a platform to show this. Hell, we don't even have to read the bible to express care and compassion from the heart! And yet most JWs, no matter how often they are told who and how and why and when to care - they still can't manage much more than the forced "how are you?" before quickly moving on to more "fun" people without helping.

However this is not true of all JWs - whilst I personally can't recall any acts of love shown to me during my 16 years there, except elderly sisters taking me out on the service, my father regularly epitomised my idea of Christian love to ones within the congregation. He'd take coal from our own bunker and drop it off anonymously at the homes of widows or elderly ones he knew were struggling, he'd go round and clean their windows when they were on holiday, also anonymously, he'd travel countless miles picking people up who didnt have cars so they could get to meetings. Sometimes are route to the meeting began 2.5 hours before the meeting started and he would never take money for petrol expenses, and we were not well off. In fact I look back now and realise just how poor we were financially.

But I would say the real love did not come from the higher ranks - the so called shepherds. It came from the humblest and least noticed amongst the flock.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Wander, you sum up beautifully the hypocracy and closed mindedness of this organisation.

My story is similar to yours in many ways, except that my father was physically abusive. I have not ever read a single supportive post on this site from a pro dub, merely the stock answers from the WT brainwashing.

It always grated me that when something like the Tsunami happened that you would always see Cathod, Oxfam and other christian organisations helping but the dubs couldn't be arsed, heartless bastards. Where is the love?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Great post wanderlust. And I totally agree.

:Where were they when the brother giving the talk on R rated movies was sitting in the floor watching Aliens with me the night before, then denied it to my face when I asked him how he could be hypocritical?

Man when I was part of the Borg this type of shit would drive me up the wall. Go out drinking with a bunch of guys at the hall and get smashed out of our brains one weekend, then hear a comment from them the next.. sometimes even ABOUT drunkeness!! I was NEVER that type of person - I could never be a hypocrite like that. Now I'm the one being shunned as a follower of Satan and they are still in it, rationalizing their lives away. I'm so happy to be out of there..

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Excellent points.

?you should go to your elders?

I hate this reply. I've been told this same thing..go to the elders. As if they're God or a therapist. It's like therapy is discouraged until you end up being hospitalized for mental illness. I'm speaking from experience with my stepbro who's schizophrenic and me being depressed.

They refuse to admit how backwards the thinking is.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    WE are those who really care about others enough to love them as they are.

The best part about JWD is there is no "WE". Each of us is an individual, so when you talk to 30 of us, you get 30 different, useful (sometimes) answers. When you talk to 30 JWs, you get 30 copies of the "current understanding".

People are so intelligent, it's wonderful to see them thinking for themselves and to see the results of that free thought.

Dave

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I think it has to do with ?hidden programming? we received from the teachings of Jesus. Respect, honesty, and compassion for our fellow man. In the eyes of dubs we are evil through and through for turning our back on the Brookling based publishing organisation, how can we have any good qualities? In fact it is these very qualities that have made us question the org and leave, not the whisperings of demons. JWs can't stand to see that we still have good souls that are not fettered by the org., that the Christian qualities they pay lip service to actually flourish outside the cult. I don't see any hatred here except for cruelty and lies, what I do see here is respect in large amounts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit