You're My Reason For Why I Am

by prophecor 30 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

I would like for it to be known that my being apart of JWD has been an experience that has given me hope. I've come to enjoy being a part of the online community, so much so that it's what I look forward to when my day involves something other than being here. The only thing better than being here would be to experience being with you all, face to face. It's not possible to be myself among regular folk. I believe the Jehovah's Witness experience removes a slice of our humanity from us. I would love to be normal oneday, at least, regular, but until I can bridge the gap between my real life, and someday being able to share with all of you in person, this is as good as it gets. You people are my life. I make no apologees for it, and I don't feel truly cheated from the rest of the world. The outside world has its place, my neighbors, the few who I have been blessed to acquire a relationship with, but you, I regard as close to family as can be gotten thru the complex life that is ours. Its easy to be here because we don't reveal our faults, hangups or complexes, unless of course, we volunteer them. We can disappear anytime we get uncomfortable, we can cut and run, do drive by shoutings. We are seperated, but also, so desperately connected. Connected to a life that was lived in fear, in shame, in guilt and based on the hope, the possibilty, of maybe coming out alive once the nightmare was over. For me, that nightmare, everyday, because of you, is coming to be less and less of a reality. You all have made the difference for me, from darkness, to that which is not as dark, and as opposed to light that allegedly keeps getting brighter and brighter as we behold the day draw near, for me, you people are that light. Giving thanks to so many, for so much. My Love To You All Arthur

• upside/down
    upside/down

I kinda agree with you...

Cheers!

u/d

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The only thing better than being here would be to experience being with you all, face to face. It's not possible to be myself among regular folk. I believe the Jehovah's Witness experience removes a slice of our humanity from us. I would love to be normal oneday, at least, regular, but until I can bridge the gap between my real life, and someday being able to share with all of you in person, this is as good as it gets.

I know what you mean. Though I haven't been here too long, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us all.

We love you too.

• clementine
    clementine

great post, prophecor!!

we all love you back!!

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit

Nice post Arthur ...

Love and hugs,

RS

• Sassy
    Sassy

hey prophecor.. Indeed we have a bond like no other..

I think this board plays an integral part to our healing.. I'm glad you are here..

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

You're a poet and a gentleman proph. Thanks

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I, too, am grateful we're all in the same life boat!

Hugs and great love to everyone on JWD. Even the naysayers and trolls! I wish them the blessing of insight and understanding....

B

• kls
    kls

I have to agree with ya . This place actually saved my life where before i had no one to talk to nor anyone who understood what i was going through.

Prop ,,,,are ya looking for a car,,,,,if not get moving.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I am glad you are in this same boat with me and all the others.

It is the first craft I have been on where I didn't get sea sick.

Look forward to more of your posts.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit