Told my dad I'm leaving the JWs

by ithinkisee 39 Replies latest members private

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Bravo! I am VERY happy for you iThinkiSee. I hope all goes well for you and your father.

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

Thank you for sharing this story...
    I wish you luck and patience in your journey out.
    Deb

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

ithinkisee,

I just read your story and am very happy for you. Your father has to be one happy and excited man these past few days!

Sure wish I would have mended my relationship with my dad a lot sooner, but the borg had control over me too. Once I started prying their grip away, things got real good with my dad.

Good luck on your future and thanks for telling us about it.

HappyDad

• franklin J
    franklin J

IthinkIsee,

I am very happy for you and your father. What a wonderful reunion. Please continue to include him in your life and build on that happy reunion.

I have a 10 year old son and such a separation as your father experienced with you must have been devastating to him.

good luck to you in your evdeavors to rebuild your life with your wife and children.

Frank

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

That is so lovely and encouraging. I had a little tear in my eye myself.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.

http://exjws.net/pioneers/partintro.htm

This story (in the above link) and his strategy for getting his family out has been a real inspiration for me.

-ithinkisee

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I'll be hoping and praying for the very best for you and yours as you move forward!!!!!

~Merry (still feeling moved to tears)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    my dad had to endure so much emotional abuse at the hands of his own children

<tears up>

Your story is strikingly similar to mine. I sat down w/my dad and explained how brainwashed I was...how much I craved a normal life but was afraid to say anything against the WTS (out of fear of both beatings from mom and death at the hands of J)...he didn't know how bad the JWs were. He now understands they are a cult. I apologized for my behavior as a kid in obedience to the WTS. Told him how much I wanted him to divorce mom and let me come live w/him. He apologized for not trying harder to keep me out of the cult. Very sad moment.

• heatherg
    heatherg

ithinkisee... so happy for you. I hope that all works out in your favor. Thanks for sharing your story! hg

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Ithinkisee, I am so happy for you and your father. It was such a wonderful story. ((((((((((Ithinkisee)))))))))))))) It reminded me of my own. I remember with my In-Laws my husband and I would not see them as much and did a little shunning on our part because they no longer believed in the JW Religion. I was scared to think of anything different and it was all I have ever known in my life. As with my Father who had left as well I could not think of leaving him. It was not fair to my husband if I could not leave my dad why should he leave his parents? I went back and forth with everything. Until one day my husband and I said our peace and what was in our hearts. We did not think Shunning was the answer. The answer was clear. We left about 7 or 8 months ago. I started searching myself and understanding everything about the religion and after many talks with my Dad I knew in my heart it wasn't for me and never was. I left not for anyone but me and my kids. I am glad I did. I have a better relationship with my father than ever before and a better relationship with my wonderful loving caring in-laws whom I can't call them in-laws but as my 2nd set of parents. My mother I will loose in the long run if she lets go of me. I am just glad I have the love and support that I have now. Love you Mumsy!(Hadenuf) Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit